Epilogue

"Ahhhh!" Dawn let out a treacherous scream that could've had a grown man quavering in his boots. In the back seat of Leo's truck she felt the contractions coming faster. "Hurry up Leo or I'm having your baby on the back seat of this truck!" She screamed. If it hadn't occurred yet Dawn Montano...yes Montano, was having a baby.

Dawn and Leo had gotten married as soon they graduated. Dawn had gone off to school to get the masters in accounting which she did much to Leo's disagreement. Now at the age of twenty five Dawn was on her way to the hospital with a swollen belly causing her much pain and distress.

Leo gripped onto the steering wheel and drove to the hospital at the fastest speed possible that wouldn't get him pulled over and given a ticket. He'd never known how much trouble a pregnant woman could be until he'd experienced it himself. And the fact that Dawn was having a werewolf baby made it all the more worse for her to cope, an alpha at that. It would be all worth it in the end. They'd finally be able to see their little baby boy. Leo was sure that it would be a boy. He was sure to the bone.

Skylar sat next to Dawn in the back seat while Malik was in the front next to Leo. Dawn had forgiven her in time to let her be a bride's maid at her wedding. She was grateful to have a friend with such a big heart. She was welcomed back with open hands and not soon after was a part of the big family once again. It wasn't to long after Dawn's wedding that she and Malik were married and currently they were trying to make offsprings of their own. Skylar smiled at the thought of little Maliks running around in the front yard. She'd promised herself that when she had her child she'd name it after Leo in his memory. He had died once after all by her hand.

Malik turned around to check on her noticing her change in mood. ' Are you okay?' he asked concern through the mind link.

Skylar smiled at him and responded. ' Never better.' She was lucky to have a mate like Malik.

Malik turned back to the front and stared at his nervous best friend. He squeezed his shoulders reassuringly and grinned widely as Leo glanced at him. 'It's going to be okay.'

'Thanks'

"Leooooo!" Dawn cried.

"We're here." He skidded before the entrance of the hospital. Immediately to nurses raced out with a wheel chair. They had called before hand to let them know they were on our way.

Dawn was placed into the wheel chair and rolled away into a room with just a bed and some tools on the side just incase. Leo. prayed they' wouldn't have to use them.

A male doctor stepped in and ordered them out. Leo's wolf growled at the thought of him touching his mate but he restrained him. The doctor was there to help,nothing more. All leo could do was wait. He sat on a chair in the waiting room and threaded his fingers in his hair.

Dawn had been stripped of her ordinary clothes and placed in a white hospital gown. Her hair was in disarray and she was sweating bullets. She didn't remember her mom telling it would be this bad. Leo that bastard he dd this to her. If she got out of this alive she'd kill him. She screamed as another contraction came. This was the most painful of them all.

'Leo I'm gonna kill you!' She bellowed through the mind link. Leo chuckled lowly from his spot in the waiting room.

'You asked for it darling.' He responded sounding a bit smug which didn't swing well by Dawn.

'I'll get you for this!' she roared.

'Only if you can catch me.' Leo teased.

The doctor checked under her gown and Dawn couldn't help but blush. "It's time," he said solemnly.

The nurse came up next to me and held my hand. "I need to to breath honey." She said demonstrating. I followed her lead and the pain eased a pinch only to come back full force. "On the count of three want you to push. 1...2...3..Push!"

"Ahhhhh!" Dawn fell back against the bed breathing deeply.

"Good, breath. Now I need you to push again." The nurse brushed Dawns wet hair from her face." 1...2...3...Push!"

"Ahhhh!" Dawn pushed and squeezed the nurse's hand in the process. The nurse screamed along with her feeling her hand breaking under dawn's immense strength.

"Leo get in here!" Dawn called for him. He was there in a flash. His eyes flickered back and forth between the injured nurse cradling her hand, the doctor under Dawn's dress and his beautiful mate. " Don't just stand there." She scolded and urged him forward.

Leo went to her side and held her hand. The nurse left and came back with another nurse moments later. She doctor spoke. "Okay Dawn I need you to push again for me, okay?"

Dawn nodded her head and took a few breaths before pushing."Good, good. I can see the head.Just one more big push. On the count of five. 1...2...3...4...Push!"

"AHHHHHH!"

"Waaa Waaa!" The crying of a new born baby filled the room. Leo stared in awe at the beautiful creature. Nothing held that much beauty except his mate. It was inhuman. The doctor handed the baby to the new nurse who wrapped him in a blue blanket. Leo was sure it was a boy.

He went back down to look at Dawn and said. "Wait,there's one more."

"I knew it!" Dawn exclaimed.

The same process was done again and in the end Dawn and Leo were blessed with two new born baby boys. Skylar and Malik came in later too have a look at their god children. They couldn't wait to go home and show of to Ethan and Storm.

"What are their names?" Skylar asked.

"Dawn smiled down at the baby in her left arm and said." Zion Valentine Leo Montano." She turned her eyes to the baby in her right arm and said. "Zane Valence Donavon Montano."

"Those are beautiful names." Malik said.

"Thanks man." Leo gave him a man hug.

As the four friends laughed and rejoiced at the new births, an old witch stood out in the bitter cold of December. They were happy for now but the torment that they would soon endure brought a smile upon the old witch's callous features.The old witch walked away with grace and disappeared half way down the quiet street. Interesting that, this is where the saying 'the calm before the storm' fits in perfectly. Her very essence lingered in the air as her words were carried by the wind.

"On this day, 24th December, the day you were born shall be the very same day you die." 

And this marks the end of Paw Print On my Heart

And this marks the end of Paw Print On my Heart. Book one of the "I don't have a name yet" series.  Stay tuned for an update on the sequel.

Thanks so much sticking with me. I hope we can continue this journey. Love you guys.