Chapter 20-Fight it out

Leonardo's POV

I went home after the conversation I had with Ethan. That guy makes me want to rip his throat out. How dare he keep me from my mate! I have a right to see her even if she doesn't want to see me.

"Did you tell her?" My dad opened my bedroom door. I stuff my face in my pillow and groaned. "I take that as a no."He sat at the edge of my bed.

I got up and faced him. "Her brother has a grudge against our family because of what Christopher did and now he won't let me see Dawn. He threatened to make her hate me." I sighed. "Why does this have to happen when I'm alpha?Maybe I'm not fit to be alpha."

"That's not true. This is probably happening because you're the only one that can handle it. You make a great alpha."He patted my back. He was right I won't let Ethan get in my way. If it was a fight he was looking for then he found one. "Get some sleep, you got a lot of work to do tomorrow if you plan on getting her back.

***

"Mailk, have you seen Dawn?" I asked him in front of the school.

"No sorry man. Haven't you apologized already?" He asked bemused.

"No, her asshole brother wouldn't let me see her and he blackmailed me." I growled in frustration.

"Blackmail?"

"I'll tell you later. Now I have to find D--" The shrilling bell cut me off. I wanted to talk to her before class..oh well.

I walked into our homeroom and my eyes immediately landed on Dawn. She sat at the window seat staring outside with a blank look on her face.

I walked up to her with a small smile on my face. She gave me the same blank look and got up. I shook my head at her."No, sit."

"Okay alpha." I flinched. Not one thread of emotion was found in her voice somehow it was worse than her being angry with me.

"And don't call me alpha." I smiled warmly,a rarity.

"No disrespect ,but why shouldn't I? You are my alpha after all. You can control my actions, my body, can't you?" She tilted her head to the side her expression remained neutral.

"What about your heart?" I asked hopefully.

"I apologize alpha but my heart is ice cold when it comes to you." I stubbled a step back. That hit me right in the ribs. A few people gasped shocked. The humans were confused, but the others knew exactly what was going on.

"I'm sorry." Another set of gasps went throughout the class. The mighty alpha Leo bowing out.

"I have forgiven you but I won't be dumb enough to set myself up to get hurt again. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me." With that she sat back down and turned away from me staring out the window again.

I walked to the back and sat beside Malik. "Don't give up just yet." He gave me an encouraging smile. I thanked him and leaned back in my chair staring at the ceiling.

After a while he spoke. "So it's kind of obvious that Dawn's your mate, you know." I thought about it and realized he was right. Any other girl and I wouldn't have given a flying fuck what she thought of me as long as she respected me as her alpha. Everyone could see how different I was with Dawn. So everyone would no apart from her.

The entire class I kept glancing towards Dawn. I wasn't giving up, not just yet.

When the bell rang I jump out of my sit and made my way to the front before Dawn could get up. I grabbed her bag and swung it over my shoulder.