Chapter 24-Date night

Dawn's POV

"Mom! Have you seen my favorite dress?" I cried from upstairs. I was running all over the place trying to see if I missed something. My hair....my make up...my shoes....MY SHOES!

"Mom! where is my nude pumps!"

"Will you come down already!" Ethan yelled at me. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him wide eyed. "I don't see why you're even going." He looked at me angrily.

"I promised Courtney." I lied. Okay technically I promised Courtney but I really wanted to go and there was no way I'd tell Ethan that. He'd tie me down and make me watch reruns of a fat guy eating a sloppy joe and other gross videos until I promised not to see Leo again.

"Why are you really going?" He raised a brow at me."You don't even like the guy...do you?"

I sighed. "I have to go get ready." I turned and walked down the hall to my room. "Do you?" He shouted after me.
More than you know.

FLASHBACK

"Before I go, can I ask you a favor." Courtney asked me begging me with her eyes.

"What is it?" I watched her warily.

"Before you say anything, here me out." She held her hands up.

"Okay."

She watched my face for a couple seconds before she continued."I want you to go out with Leo later today."

I sighed. "Courtney..."

"Let me finish." I clamped my mouth shut as a sign for her to continue. "I know you said you didn't want anything to do with him but I can tell you were lying. I can see it in your eyes. Even though you were lying when you said that something flashed in your eyes when you said 'want' and 'him'.I know you're afraid of being hurt but you'll never forgive yourself if you don't let yourself live. And honey no one has ever truly lived if they haven't experienced love."

"Of course I have...with--"

"I swear to God if you say Derek I'll beat you with a fish." I blushed and lowered my head. She placed her hands on my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. "Just trust me on this. You won't regret it. I promise you. If I'm wrong then I give you permission to burn my Eminem albums."

I gasped. "You're serious?" She nodded her head. No one ever messed with Courtney and her Eminem collection. There was a time I accidentally scratched one and she didn't speak to me for a week.

I sighed. "Fine."

"Promise?"

"Yes I promise!"

"Let shake on it." We did our bf handshake to seal the deal."Good. Now your date at 5:45pm. I want every single detail when you get back home....if you come back home anyway." I smacked her and she just laughed it off. She hugged me once more before getting into her car and driving off.

FLASHBACK OVER

In my room I checked the clock on the bed side table. It was 5 o'clock...already! I was sweating from running all around the house and from being anxious. I put a shower cap on my head and jumped in the shower for a quick bath. After that, I put on my sexy black lingerie and threw my pink dress over it. I redid my make up quickly but not over doing it. I don't want to look like a clown now do I? I ran to my parents room and found my nude pumps that I borrowed mom the other night.