Chapter 27- Traitor

Skylar's POV

I watched wide eyed as his jaw angled in the right position to rip my head off. My entire body was frozen in fear. Inches from me, a giant black wolf slammed into Leo's side knocking him away from me. The wolf turned back and scanned me with concerned eyes. The warmest brown eyes that you'd ever see. Malik's eyes.

He came back for me! He actually does love me!

Of course he does you idiot! My conscience scolded me but I didn't argue.

Malik turned to face a fuming Leo. Both wolves eyes diluted to a deep black as anger pumped through their veins. I didn't blame Leo for wanting to kill me but I didn't want to die either. After ten seconds of silent communication they charged. Everything appeared in slow motion making it all the more painful to watch.

Their jaws snapped at each other at great speed but agonizingly slow in my eyes. Each snap was a kill shot. Menacing growls ripped through the air. They weren't playing around, they were actually trying to kill each other. This is all my fault! They're best friends they can't kill each other. I can't let that happen.

I felt my body burn with anger as Leo sunk his teeth into Malik's back. I was no longer frozen. I shifted into my little russet wolf and joined the fight. I bite into Leo's hind leg causing him to release Malik but turn to me. He took a snap at my neck but I dodged quickly and took a few steps back. He came after me. Malik was back on his feet but Leo was angrier than ever. As Malik launched at Leo he dodged and caught Malik around the neck. He shook him viciously then through him against a tree.

I watched Malik's unconscious body, the blood pouring out of his neck. A trail of whimpers left my lips as I tried to get a grip. I couldn't win this fight. Leo was an alpha, his power was ten times mine. Locking eyes with Leo again I sent him an apologetic look, swiveled and ran. I ran as fast as I could to the one person who could help me and Malik. But I'm not to sure that she'd want to help me after she finds out why he wants to kill me.

Dawn's POV

I was changing into my pajamas when i felt a stinging feeling in my leg. I looked Down but saw nothing. The pain didn't go away like I thought I would. I walked into Ethan's room without knocking.

"Etha--" I stopped mid sentence at the sight before me. Ethan only in shorts halfway on top of a heavy breathing Storm. "Well,well,well...What do we have here?" I asked cheekily.

"Impeccable timing little sister."Ethan said sarcastically.

I ignored him and spoke to Storm. "What happened to 'I'd never date that man whoring baboon.' " I mimicked her voice.

Ethan turned to glare at her playfully. She blushed embarrassed. "Oh really now? I'll have to punish you for that." He leaned down and nibbled her neck.

I cleared my throat rather loudly."Still here!"

"Ugh," he groaned. "What do you want?!"

I giggled but then remembered why I came."Oh yea." I sat on the edge of the bed. "I was changing into my pjs when my leg began to sting. I looked down but it was perfectly fine."

"Let me see," He sat up and scooted closer to me. I put my leg in his lap. "Does it still hurt?" He asked.

"Well...no but--" He pushed my leg off him roughly.

"Then what's the problem?" He snapped and pulled me up. He threw me out the door and slammed it in my face.

"Hey!" I protested but did nothing else as I heard Storm scolding him for being mean to me.