Chapter 23- Progress

Courtney's POV.

"Derek! Hurry up and get your lying ass down here!" I screamed up the stairs. It was Monday and we were going to be late for school if we didn't leave soon.

Yep that's right, you heard me. School. Dawn said it was okay for us to come to school with her while we were here. We could be guests and 'experience' the classes and teachers. I was really excited to see where Dawn goes to school. That and I needed to talk to Leo about Saturday. What did Derek say to him?

Derek came down the stairs with a comb in his hand. "I'm coming, I'm coming! Don't get your panties in a twist."

"I dare you to say that again." I glared at him again. He remained silent. "That's what I thought." He knew I was still pissed about the whole Leo thing and wouldn't dare get even more on my bad side. The only thing that kept him alive was Dawn. It still amazes me that she let him live.

I went outside and everyone was already there. Dawn and Ethan were both by their cars, I was riding with Dawn. Derek would drive in his truck with Dalvin and Kate while Micheal and Hailey took my car.

The drive was short and we pulled up to a pretty decent looking school. We got out of the cars and I began my inspection. Hmmm...Just like any other school. Jocks, cheerleaders, emos, nerds, Leo an--reverse. Leo.

I ran over to Leo. "Okay mis ter,what happened yesterday?" He ignored me and looked over my head. I followed his gaze and scowled at the sight of Derek leaning over Dawn whispering something in her ear. Dawn's face was scrunched up but she remained still. I turned back to Leo. Pain and regret was etched onto his face.

"Don't worry about him, Dawn would never get back together with him." I smiled softly at him. He gave me a weak smile. "Now tell me what jackass over there told you on Saturday."

***

"He did what?!" I gritted my teeth together. "That idiot! I could just....urgh!"

"I still feel like ripping his head off." Leo growled.

"Don't worry, I'll get him back." I smiled evilly. "Just you wait."

***

"Good morning class—oh I see we have some new students....a lot." The teacher said with a raised eyebrow as if waiting for an explanation.

I spoke up. "Sorry if we invading your class miss but we just wanted to expand our horizons so my friend Dawn here said that we could check out her school. I hope that's okay with you." I gave miss an adorable smile and batted my lashes at her.

"Of course it is. Have a seat dear." Miss smiled warmly and went to her desk. "Works like a charm." I whispered into Dawn's ear.She giggled.

Dawns P.O.V.

I was going to lunch with Storm since Courtney had some "work" to do, I don't understand what since she doesn't even go to this school but I just thought that I'd ask later. But right when I got inside I saw Leo, sitting all alone, looking depressed playing with his food, for the first time, he didn't even have a smirk. The scary thing is right when I walked in he was looking at me, like he was waiting. I felt bad, I don't know why since I didn't exactly do anything, but I did. Storms voice knocked me out of my little thinking fest.

"Hey! Leo! Come sit with us!" She yelled "What! Storm no!"
"Oh calm down! He's not going to eat you."

So that's how I ended up sitting with Leo at lunch. Storm was making desperate attempts at conversation but Leo was too busy staring at me and I was too busy staring and my pizza.