Chapter 36-Tears

Dawn's POV.

Finishing off the wolf I was fighting who'd launched at me after the shot; ripped his throat out and let his body fall lifeless. Not sparing him a second glance I shifted back to my human form and raced over to my love.

I didn't care that I was naked. All that mattered was that he was okay, that Leo was alive. From the corner of my eye I saw Malik tackle Skylar to the ground and the gun falling to the earth with a thud. The fight continued all around me but I paid no attention to that. Sliding to the ground to Leo's side, scraping my knee in the process, I cradled his head in my lap.

Blood poured out of his mouth and he coughed up a hurricane. My eyes adverts to the bullet wound in his chest. There was so much blood. I covered it with my hand and put pressure to stop the bleeding. He gasped in pain and arched his back. I immediately pulled back not wanting to cause him more pain. Instead I cushioned his head in my chest and cried over my beloved.

"No no no," I muttered over and over as if I'd continued to deny it, it wouldn't be true

"No no no," I muttered over and over as if I'd continued to deny it, it wouldn't be true. "This isn't happening, it's all a dream. I'm just having a nightmare and when I wake up you're going to be there lying next to me and holding me close. You'd whisper sweet things in my ear and tell me everything's going to be okay. Everything's going to be okay." My dam broke open and flooded my red cheeks. I sounded hysterical. I will lose my mind if Leo leaves me. I can't survive without him. He's my anchor, my life jacket, my other half.

"Dawn... Dawn listen to me." Leo pleaded. His voice was quickly fading. I shushed him and carcasses his face.

"Save your breath, my love. You can tell me later, after we get you some help and you heal. After that you could scold me for not obeying your orders, I'd gladly accept the punishment." I assured him. "Just don't die on me."

"No Dawn, listen to me." He reached up and put a hand to my face softly. It looked like it took a lot of energy. I held his hand in place helping him out. "You and I both know that I'm not gonna make it." I shook my head in denial and was about to protest when he pulled his hand from mine and placed a large finger to my lips. He smiled sadly."I would have loved to marry you and have you carrying my child,but I guess we don't always get what we want." he coughed up some more blood and heaved in a pained breath as he clutched his chest with his other hand. There was so much blood. I let out a wretched sob

"Save your breath love, you're going to be alright."

He shook his head. His eyes held so much love and my lips curved into a fraction of a smile knowing that it was all for me." I love you more than words can express Dawn and I want the best for you. When I'm gone I don't want you to live a life of loneliness, I want you to find someone else who will love you unconditionally and would go to the ends of the earth to make you happy." He was running out of breath.

"Only you can do that, Leo." I said surely.

"I know I'm just that awesome," he laughed but ended up in a fit of coughs.