Chapter 26- Guilt and Betrayal

Skylar's POV

Dawn, Leo, Malik and I decided to hang out after school. We went to this awesome ice-cream shop called Elena's. It has the most amazing flavors ever, according to Malik. I ordered the lime sorbet and strawberry yogurt. After we bought our frozen treats, we took a walk in the park. It was almost like a double date, except Dawn and Leo were together while Malik and I were not.

I could feel myself already falling for him. My...who am I kidding? I love him, I love my sweet Malik. It pains me that we couldn't be together. If I were to mate with him then I would have to cancel my packs plans against Dawn, thus betraying my pack. But if I were to go on with the plan I lose Malik and I have to live a lonely life filled with guilt and what ifs...

I looked at Dawn and Leo who were ahead of us. She was laughing at something he said. I could almost feel the pure bliss as it radiated off her. Over the past week Dawn and I have become exceptionally closer. She'd accepted me into her circle and now I would have to betray her and take her away from her source of happiness.

My mind reeled with 'what ifs'. I was so confused it made my head hurt. I glanced up at Malik to see him already staring at me. He frowned and pulled me to a stop.

"What's wrong?" he asked. His voice laced with concern.I smiled sadly and shook my head.

"Nothing."I said.

"Tell me

"Tell me." He pleaded.

It's about Dawn..."I trailed off but he seemed to get where I was going by the 'oh' his mouth formed.

Our heads snapped up at the sound of Dawn screaming. Leo was chasing her with his ice-cream. Apparently she dunked her ice-cream on his head. I gave a have chuckle.I watched as he tackled her to the ground and flipped her over. He raised his hand with the ice-cream over his head and gave a fake evilly laugh. I zoned onto their conversation.

"No! Please!" Dawn laughed.

"You think that was funny?" Leo asked grinning widely.
"No,no. Please spear me." Dawn tried to control her laughter but it was futile. "Tell me you love me."

"I love you!" She yelled. We all froze. Some people that were in the park along with us turned to look at them as Leo set down the ice-cream cup and smashed is lips to hers.

He pulled away after a few seconds and replied."I love you too." The went back to kissing her. Awws were heard all over the park.

My heart tugged painfully and I turned away.

***

"Horror."

"Romance."

"Horror!"

"Romance!"

"Hor-mance!" Malik cut into Dawn and Leo's movie argument. We all burst out laughing. "Which movie do you want to watch Sky?" Malik looked down at me lovingly.