008

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin, you, mister, are going back to school! Monday morning! Oh, and I love you. Have a a nice day with your mates." Michael burst into Ashton's bedroom, speaking in an endearingly hilarious imitation of Anne Irwin.

"'Morning," Ashton giggled, as the blue haired lad crawled into bed with the smaller boy.

"Your mum gave me a message," Michael explained, though it wasn't a rare occurrence. He then pulled Ashton's tightly blanketed form to his chest, disentangling the peach fabric just enough so he could slip underneath it. The eighteen-year-old then proceeded to wrap his entire body around Ash in a hug that was nearly a cuddle. "Luke's looking at prospective universities with writing programs. Ah, the joys of senior year; exams, figuring out what you're doing with your life, the 'holy crap, I am responsible for myself, I can barely make toast never mind be an adult' moment," Michael sighed, though a content smile stayed on his lips. "And Calum's dad is still trying to force him into a professional soccer career, so his sister dragged him on a 'sibling bonding trip,' to get away. It basically means they're going to get blackout drunk in her car."

Ashton snuggled closer to Michael, just enjoying the pale boys voice. Though the younger lads eyes were shut, he could practically hear the absentminded movement of Mikey's hands. He could effortlessly imagine the eighteen-year-old's slight smiles and his tongue occasionally wetting his oh-so-kissable lips. Ash knew every aspect of his three best friends, he knew them right down to their breathing patterns, their subtle movements that even the boys themselves weren't aware of. It was beautiful, just how in depth the knowledge each lad had of one another, how they could effortlessly tune into the others emotions.

"So it's just you and me today, baby. What d'you want to do?" Michael asked, and Ashton was forced to open his eyes. He sat up just enough to look at the older boy, the sparkling green pools that were his eyes, the smooth, marble like skin, and his fluffy, cobalt tresses.

"Dye your hair?" Ashton offered, running a hand through the old color. When Michael nodded, the smaller blonde wiggled slightly in excitement. "Can I pick the color?"

"Sure," Mikey smiled, following up with a question of his own. "Can I dye yours, too?" The tawny blonde nodded without a second thought, before rolling out of bed. He walked with an innocent happiness that had his best friend smiling fondly, grabbing clothes. Ash chose black jeans, a baby blue shirt, and matching Converse. His usual oversized sweaters had started to swamp him, after he'd gone on a sadness induced fast, that came along with The Night. Though it'd long since ended, Ashton's clothes were still all just a bit too big.

Once the tanned boy was dressed, Michael linked their hands, leading Ashton to his car.

   "Got your colors?" Michael asked. He and Ashton stood in a grocery store, the shelves stocked with hair dye. They both held a couple bottles, Ash's tanned face bright with excitement. The older boy smiled adoringly, wrapping an arm around the seventeen-year-old's slim waist. The pair headed towards the checkout, manned by a petite girl from their school.

She giggled derisively at Ashton, to which he shied away, while Michael rolled his eyes at the random, undeserved judgement. Homophobic, he assumed, hugging the younger boy closer to his side. The girl dropped their things in a bag, holding Ash's chosen bottles like they were diseased. Once Michael had paid, he shot the girl a slight glare, and walked out, Ashton cuddled against his side.

They slid into Mikey's car, the blue haired lad kissing his cheek quickly before starting the vehicle and driving towards Ash's place. Once they arrived, the dirty blonde haired lad bounded excitedly to his bedrooms en suite bathroom, followed closely by an amused Michael. He grabbed a few baby blue towels, before mixing the dyes quickly, and dragging a pastel green plastic chair into the small room.

"Sit," the blonde ordered, though it was accompanied by a sweet giggle. Mikey complied, and Ashton slipped gloves on, starting to massage the color into his best friends soft, fluffy hair. The pale lad shut his ineffable green orbs blissfully, leaning closer to the younger boys soft hands. Ash giggled, soon tugging a shower cap over the tresses. He set a timer, and Michael immediately tugged the curly haired lad into his lap, taking the gloves off him.

   They were stained with black and green, and the eighteen-year-old slipped one on. He lifted Ashton's shirt with his free hand, and used the leftover dye on the glove to draw a little mint green heart on the younger boys hipbone. The blonde giggled at the impromptu tattoo, unbothered that it would be stained for awhile. Michael then tossed his gloves into the bin, and cuddled with his best friend until the blonde's phone went off.

   "Go shower," he giggled, while Mikey bit a mark into his neck. The newly colored haired boy pulled away, and kissed the seventeen-year-olds soft lips quickly. The six foot lad walked out, sprawling across his bed with study notes his mum had gotten from his teachers. She'd explained the situation to them, and Ashton had been let off from multiple homework assignments, and just had to do three makeup tests when he went back.

   Luke, Calum and Michael had done all their work at the Irwin's house, though they hadn't particularly wanted to. Anne—being the teacher she was—had forced them to do everything while their best friend was with his therapist, or attempting to sleep memories of The Night away. So, luckily, over a month off school hadn't affected them.

A/N
aye late update whoops