•epilogue•

One year later, Ashton walked alongside Luke, Calum, Michael, towards Smol Beans. Ashton was graduating high school in a few days, and after summer break he'd be attending uni. The boy had insisted his mates didn't take the year off to wait for him, as their degrees would take longer anyways.

Ashton had spent the beginning of his senior year ducking away from bullies, missing his friends, all eight of whom were at uni, or modelling around the world. But eventually, he'd grown his confidence, and told the bullies to leave him alone. After that, he'd branched out, made more friends, and was the happiest he'd ever been.

   A few people had flirted with him, but Ashton and his three best friends were rebuilding their relationship. This time, Ashton wasn't of all importance, they were equal. They all loved one another equally.

   As for his home problems, Anne Irwin still wasn't the best parent, but she'd promised to do better whilst her oldest son was at uni.

"The book is released today," Michael said excitedly, as if reminding himself, or trying to convince himself of the incredible situation. Ashton nodded in silent excitement, bumping their hands.

"And a full ride scholarship to the best art school in England," Luke added, hugging Ashton as they walked.

"You're taking on the world," Calum murmured.

"We're taking on the world," Ashton corrected.

The three boys hugged him. "Don't forget us when you're famous," Michael joked.

"Never. I love you guys," Ashton smiled.

"We love you too, sweetheart." The four boys hugged, but Ashton wasn't in the middle. He wasn't the glue holding three disjointed parts together, he was a piece in a beautiful puzzle. Ashton was their equal—he wasn't their baby.

THE END

A/N
aye, so i wrote this story about 12 billion years ago and it's terrible so if you made it this far, thank you!
also if you're looking for more ashton centric ot4 you should check out ballerina boy, or colours which is ot4 with headspace/little!mikey, or frost if u want a mashton fic, or butterflies for bxb original characters! please please! (the last shameless self promo omg im emo)