011

"Let's go to the beach, beach, let's get on this... unicorn," Calum sung, while coaxing Ashton out of his bed. Luke had left early that morning, and was meeting with Michael to look at a university together. It was Sunday, the day before Ashton, along with the rest of the lads, would be headed back to school, and Calum had arrived home late the night before.

   "Beach?" Ash murmured sleepily, poking his head out from under the blanket.

   "Yep," Calum smiled, while walking to Ashton's dresser. He sifted through a few articles of clothing, before finding what he was looking for. Happily, the boy tossed them into his black backpack, while the pastel haired lad got dressed. He chose his uniform black skinny jeans, along with a light green and black Nirvana top.

Ash made quick work of brushing his teeth—with his bubblegum mint toothpaste—and detangling his powder blue and pink curls. "Ready to go?" Calum murmured, wrapping his arms around the seventeen-year-old's slim waist. He dropped soft kisses on his best friends neck, deserving a gentle sigh.

   "Yeah."

   Ashton bounded animatedly towards the sandy beach, his pastel curls bouncing slightly over his tanned features. Calum followed closely, smiling fondly at the younger lads childlike excitement. The younger teenager kicked off his light blue sneakers and socks immediately, rolling up his pants to his knees as he ran. Ashton slid across the sand, and into the pounding waves.

   "Babe, you have trunks!" Calum hollered, chuckling at the seventeen-year-old's antics. The colorful haired boy shrugged carelessly, giggling and tossing his shirt onto the sand. He dove under the water, still clad in his jeans. The older lad followed suit, tossing his backpack, shoes and Black Veil Brides top to the side. Ash swam to Calum's side, wrapping his arms around his best friends thin waist.

   "Hi," he giggled, glancing around at the empty beach. "Why aren't there any people here?" Calum shrugged, while leaning to bite a mark into his mate's shoulder. Ashton sighed blissfully, tangling their legs under the dark water. He was soon tugging away, giggling and ducking happily under the cool, small rippling waves.

   Once his hair was dripping, the light strands darkened to a periwinkle and raspberry pink. The sun glittered against his soaking skin, giving the boy an angelic, golden glow. His eyes glowed a grass green, contrasting beautifully with Calum. The older boy's skin shone a warm caramel, and the chilly water tinted his cheeks a rose pink. Topaz sunlight sharpened his jaw, and a feather tattoo at his collarbone darkened to a jet black. His cocoa brown orbs sparkled, fondness clear in their depths.

   Ashton merely paddled around for a few minutes, occasionally dipping under the surface. "Under the sea," he sung softly, twirling distractedly in the chilly depths. The brown boy smiled; he knew when his best friend disappeared into his mind, he couldn't be broken from it. "Under the sea. Darlin' it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me."

Ashton disappeared under the bluish green waves, reappearing with sand threaded through his curls and seaweed wrapped around his wrists. "Up on the shore they work all day," he belted out, slim hips swaying and eyes shut. "Out in the sun they slave away." Though Ash's voice wasn't flawless, Calum loved it. Breathy, yet surprisingly deep for his usual light, sweet tone. "While we devotin' full time to floatin'." The seventeen-year-old tossed his wet curls, pulling Calum to dance alongside him. "Under the sea!"

Laughing, the ebony haired lad moved with his best friend. The shorter had one hand on Cal's waist, the other swaying rhythmically in the salty air. Calum had his arms around Ashton's chest, humming the tune to match Ash's singing. "Down here all the fish are happy, as off through the waves they roll."

A cold breeze brushed by suddenly, the pastel haired lad cuddling into his best friend. The dark eyed teenager was a human heater, as his three best friends often said, and kissed Ashton's soft curls sweetly. He was content to hold the kindhearted junior to his muscled torso, as the younger lad sung softly. "The fish on the land ain't happy, they're sad 'cause they're in a bowl."

"You're adorable," Calum whispered. His mind floated as Ashton hummed in his ear.

"But fish in the bowl is lucky, they're in for a worker fate-"

"You'd look really good in a skirt," the brown skinned boy said suddenly.

Ashton stood shyly in the corner of a large clothing store, while Calum happily chose skirts with a petite sales assistant scampering around after him. The pastel haired boy toed at his damp jeans absentmindedly, looking fondly at his best friend's head of ebony curls. The eighteen-year-old soon bounded over, arms loaded with an array of fabrics, along with the small redheaded employee behind him, drowning in skirts.

"Hey, baby," he greeted chirpily, while Ash quickly unloaded the bright clothes from the pink uniform clad girl. She whispered her relieved thanks, while Calum shot her a fleeting smile and lead his mate into the dressing rooms. Ashton looked over the clothes with a shy excitement, and Cal felt the temptation to wrap him in blankets and pet his hair. "Want to try this one on?" The dark haired lad offered gently; he knew the tanned boy was delicate, and at times certain changes could overwhelm him, especially after The Night.

"Okay," Ash nodded, slowly and carefully sliding his smooth, hairless legs into the silky fabric. Though he didn't often shave his legs, after Remi had his slimy hands all over the boy's skin, Ashton felt the absolute need to; it was the closest he could get to peeling his skin off.

As the smoky gray skirt reached his hips, Ash turned slowly to the mirror. He gasped softly.

A/N
im little mermaid trash don't judge me
also i didn't remember 5SOS swam in their clothes in Amnesia video until now, oops. #fakefan
i created a beach in London, fight me