028

"What do you want, cutie?" Bree asked, with a bright grin at Ashton over the glass counter.

   "Stop flirting," a voice behind her said with a chuckle, belonging to a tall, pale boy with ebony hair and sapphire blue eyes.

   "Sorry, sweetheart," Bree responded with a laugh, leaning back to kiss her boyfriend quickly. "Anyways, Ashy, what d'you want?"

   "He wants a chocolate cupcake," Casey said, though a majority of his focus was on Caleb. The dyed redhead was telling a story about some guy in one of his classes at uni—the punk boy was a year older—and his boyfriend was focusing on the smooth, sexy movements of his lips.

   "Make that two," Rena said, resting her head on Casey's shoulder. The second pastry wasn't for her, it was for Ashton; she was determined to get some meat on the tiny boy's bones.

   Bree nodded, grabbing two of the gorgeously iced cupcakes and putting them in a cute box. The cardboard was baby blue, with kawaii-style beans wrapped around the bottom. "You know, Ash, you could totally work here," the slim blonde commented. "You're adorable, you could be the freaking mascot." Kai—her boyfriend—lightly bumped his hip with hers, and the blonde chuckled. "Come on, sugarplum," she chuckled. "I love you," the eighteen-year-old promised, pinching Kai's ass and spinning on her dark blue Converse.

   The raven-haired boy rolled his eyes fondly at Bree, before turning back to the multiple caffeinated drinks he was making. "Anyways, Ash, enjoy your cupcakes," Bree grinned, handing the box off while Kai tugged her hair into a messy bun.

   Ashton couldn't help but notice just how cute they were. Kai was jealous—in a cute way—of Ashton, not of another member of the relationship. They had a complete, raw love for one another, without any small hidden jealousies or anger that came from competing. It had Ash glancing away and gently walking to join Rena at a booth.

   The seats had a retro vibe, with red leather upholstery and smooth, neon blue tabletops. The whole shop was cute and aesthetically pleasing. There were pictures that had a very Tumblr-esque feel, with shadowed images of a girl, flowers billowing from her long tresses. A bright mix of pastel colors, quotes in gorgeous fonts, and nature photos with perfect lighting decorated the shop, each framed gorgeously. The paint on the smooth walls was smoky gray, contrasting against the black, white, and pastel frames.

"Hey, Ashy," Rena greeted with a bright smile, though it was from behind a mound of rainbow icing. Part of it was on her black lipsticked mouth, the other half still on the cupcake. The bright color contrasted her dark makeup and attire, and Ashton's dark, chocolatey pastry against the powder pink of his shirt. "Eat your cupcake," she complained, as the younger lad sipped delicately at his glass of water. Ashton giggled softly, dabbing his finger in the icing and licking it off his finger.

   Soon, Casey and Caleb joined them, the younger of the two by Rena, and Caleb by Ashton. Caleb ate his cupcake in just a few bites, and was left with his small mug of coffee. Ashton saw his discontent with the small snack, and slid his two cupcakes over. "You can have them," he said, with his naturally sweet smile glowing across his features.

   "Thanks, babe," Caleb said with a pearly toothed grin. The term of endearment drew Rena's attention, but Casey patted her knee reassuringly.

   "He's a flirty guy," the brunette whispered, his tone fond. Rena nodded slightly. Caleb chuckled, having heard the comment, and leaned across the table.

   "And you're a cute guy," he said sweetly, pecking his boyfriend's lips. The brunette ducked his head and giggled softly, looking through his lashes at the uni freshman. "C'mere, beautiful." Caleb gently tugged Casey to sit in his lap, to which Ashton slid and sat by Rena.

   "Having fun, Ashy?" The brunette nodded, smiling warmly at the shorter girl, who was leant against his shoulder, toying with the soft hem of Ashton's shirt. They sat like that for a few minutes, with quiet small talk, only interrupted by a sudden, girlish shriek.

"Bryana!" Bree was shrieking, and for a second Ashton was wondering why the pale green eyed girl was shouting her own name, before the word was met with a giddy giggle. A second blonde teenager, with eyes the color of milk chocolate and smoothly tanned skin bounded across the coffee shop on white Converse. She threw herself into Bree's arms, and the two girls hugged.

"Bryana Holly," Caleb murmured softly to the three teenagers sat with him. "She's Bree's best friend, and Kai and I's mate. Used to work here with us until she started modeling, a few months ago. Now she's constantly traveling for photoshoots, so Bree misses her like crazy." As if they'd heard the statement, Bryana and Bree giggled loudly and slung themselves to lay on the counter, talking excitedly.

Smiling fondly at his girly mates, Caleb stood and ambled over to the newly arrived blonde. "Kale!" Bryana whooped, jumping to hug the dyed redhead.

"Hey, beautiful," Caleb greeted with a chuckle. The easy, amicable friendship between the four teenagers had Ashton filled with an onslaught of memories. Pressing his lips together to hold in the tears, Ashton stood quickly.

"I think I'm going to catch the tube home," he said softly to Rena, who nodded understandingly. She hugged him quickly, and the brunette exited Smol Beans quietly, his hazel eyes aimed to the ground.

A/N
that was all written while i was about to die soz it's bad
(hi caleb!!)