018

"Hey, babes," Rena greeted, loosely hugging Ashton with one arm. Her and three other teenagers stood in Ash's house, along with Calum, Michael, and Luke. "That's Nia," she started, pointing out the slim girl stood near her, with a short pixie cut, dyed a flaming orangey-red. The eighteen-year-old had forest green eyes that scanned the four boys, absentmindedly fluffing her bangs. "And that's Casey," Rena added, nodding towards a brunette guy. His hair was shaggy, tousled slightly with gel, slightly from the light breeze outside.

   "Hi," Michael waved slightly. "Calum, Ashton, and Luke." He pointed out each boy with a slender finger.

   The pastel haired boy gnawed at his lip, before stuttering a shy, quiet greeting. "Hi. I like your hair," he whispered, glancing down at Nia. It was strange to be in the presence of someone shorter than him; though the six foot teenager was tall, all of his best friends were taller. Even Casey was a bit shorter than him, while the girls just barely passed Ashton's shoulders.

"Thanks! Yours is incredible," the short haired girl grinned, revealing a row of pearly whites. The younger lad blushed a light pink, though it wasn't as dark as when his best friends complimented him. Michael noticed, and wrapped his ivory pale arms around the shorter boy's tiny waist.

"The pizza guy'll be here soon," Mikey commented, positioning Ash on his feet and in a way carrying the seventeen-year-old, and leading the rest of the teenagers into the living room. Rena smiled slightly at the adorable sight, while Nia and Miranda were engrossed in conversation with Calum, and Casey with Luke. They were only chatting for a few minutes, before the doorbell clanged, echoing throughout the house. Ashton stood to answer it, his three best friends accompanying the younger boy without a second thought.

   Ash opened the door to reveal a slightly familiar lad; one of the fringe-haired boys he'd met while painting the university mural. He almost wouldn't have recognized the pale boy if not for the paint splattered across his black jeans—and the nearly decade old hairstyle, obviously. "Hi!" the guy greeted, nearly dropping his pizza bag in an attempt to wave. "Ashton, right? It's Phil," he grinned. The pastel haired boy waved. "You practically have guaranteed admittance, by the way. Maybe even a scholarship."

   Ash blushed, widened his eyes in shock, and might've fallen if his mates hadn't been cuddling around him. Luckily, he wasn't forced to attempt a response, as a brunette bounded up, empty pizza bag slung around his shoulders and dimpled grin on his face. "Hey, Philly," he greeted, absentmindedly ruffling a bit of dried paint from the other guy's ebony black tresses. "Hey. You're uh, Ashton, right?"

The seventeen-year-old nodded. "Anyways," Phil said, listing the price and accepting Ashton's money with paint-stained hands. With that, the two uni students left, talking and laughing.

Calum scooped Ashton up, the younger boy's legs encircling his waist and spinning them in a quick circle. "Art school, baby," he said excitedly, kissing the talented teenager's nose. Ash giggled, blushing a sunrise pink. He lightly tightened his legs around Cal's waist when Rena and Nia walked in. Calum eased his mate's feet back to the smooth, hardwood floor, kissing his forehead quickly. "Hey," the brown boy said, chuckling gently. "The pizza guy, he, uh, knew Ash. He attends this art school, and Ash has almost definite admittance."

   "Really?" Rena raised her eyebrows. "Damn, dude. Congrats," she grinned.

   "He's also a junior," Luke added, smiling proudly at his best friend. He encircled the smaller lad's waist with his pale arms. "Although, you're in a scary amount of senior classes..." he trailed off. Ashton giggled, cheeks tinting a rosy pink.

   "You're adorable, baby," Michael said sweetly, kissing the seventeen-year-old's lips gently, while simultaneously easing the pizza boxes from his soft, charcoal-stained fingers. "Now let's eat."

"This is so unfair," Casey laughed, tossing a card to the carpet. The group of eight sat in a circle in Ash's living room, with Taboo spread out on the soft floor. Luke had a pad of paper by his side, long legs bent with Ashton situated between them. The younger boy had his back pressed against the blonde's chest, and Luke was absentmindedly tracing his mate's ribs. Ashton's tanned skin was tight against each bone, leftover proof of The Night, along with the medicine he still had to take. The reminder immediately had Ash dreading his return to QCT, and immediately ripping the thought away.

   He picked up a card, immediately launching into an attempt to describe a duck without saying certain words to Michael. The pale boy was guessing it immediately, and Ashton was moving onto the next. The four boys spent so much time together, they were always on the same wavelength. Ashton had the best connection with all three, and in turn, he and Michael were winning. Calum and Luke followed, then Rena and Nia, with Miranda and Casey in last.

"I call for a change of teams," Miranda commented, chuckling slightly. Her three best friends nodded, while the other four shrugged, Ashton absentmindedly shifting to cuddle closer to Luke. His mates were able to tell that he was okay with the switch, as long as he could stay close to one of the three boys. The movement also had Luke immediately tensing slightly and changing Ash's position with gentle hands. Michael noticed, smirking and leaning over Calum to whisper in the blonde's ear. He murmured things that had Luke blushing and smacking Michael, hugging Ashton closer and ducking away from the pale boy's mouth.

   "I hate you," Luke giggled. Michael smiled and leaned across to peck Ashton's cheek, and gently poke the blonde's pale face.

vote/comment/follow
ty for reading lyl <3