Chapter 3

Author's note* I know that Levi was 36 or so in the actual anime however I'm going to make him younger to fit the story. I'm also going to alter some other ages of people.

Chance's POV
  "I take that back are you seriously considering the Scouts?" She demanded rather softly.

  "Yes otherwise I wouldn't be here." I said coldly.

"But why? Do you worship them like Eren does?" She asks.

"No I rather despise them to be fair." I say.

  "Then why?" She said, obviously confused.

"That's for me to know. By the way who's Eren?" I ask.

"Family." Mikasa flips her scarf.

Soon we reached our dorm and I flopped down on the closest bed. Mikasa chose the bed above me.

"Do you have a reason to be here?" I ask.

"I'm here to protect my family." Mikasa says.

  "Oh, what Regiment are you joining?" I ask.

"Probably the Scouts, knowing Eren but who knows?" She looks up.

  "What happened to all the negative talk about them earlier? Anyways I'm joining the Scouts for sure." I say. Everyone turns to look at me.

"Are you nuts? The Scouts really ? You'd get killed!" A brown haired girl with freckles complained.

  "Im already dead on the inside." I stated coldly.

"Sheesh. Emo pessimist." The girl turns her back to me. "But then again I doubt you'll make top 10 so just prepare yourself for death." She smirks.

  "Ymir!" A blonde girl says.

  "I'm sorry about her, she's just a huge realist." She says apologetically.

  "Nah she's right." I brushed her off. I smirked to myself. Let's see who's going to be the one smiling when it's time for action.

"Today is the first official day we are going to be training. We are going to be balancing on the wires of the 3D maneuvering gear, if you can't manage to balance without flipping after 3 days, you will be kicked out! Everybody clear?!" Baldie yells.

  "YES SIR!" A clear response from everyone. Everyone got their own 3D Maneuvering gear belts and started trying to strap theirs on. Of course this was child's play for me. I used this crap for 8 years. I tied the straps on evenly and noticed I didn't need the wires or blades as per today.

  "Experience with this before?" Baldie aka Instructor Shadis asked.

  "You could say that." I responded hastily before turning away to avoid any further prodding. He seemed to take the hint and left. Next to me was a brown haired boy who seemed to be having trouble with his leather straps.

  "Need help?" I asked. He looked at me gratefully and nodded. I crouched down beside him and began adjusting the straps.

  "First time?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. He nodded.

"I need to get good at this so I can join the Scouts without being the first to die!" He grinned.

  "Yeah definitely, I plan on joining the Scouts too." I mumbled.

  "Really? You're the first one who said that!" His green eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Probably, I mean there is higher risk to that branch then the Garrison and Mps." I continued fitting in the buckles.