Chapter 8

Chance's POV
"Why does a Corporal have to have to much paperwork?" I demanded.

"Stop complaining and arrange these documents in alphabetical order." He shoved about 50 folders at me.

"Argh!" I complained but started to sort them out. They seemed to be information sheets of deceased soldiers. I went on to place each one of them back into the desk starting from A to Z. I stopped at C and noticed that Farlan's name wasn't there. I shook it off and continued putting them back in. Then I stopped once more at M and realized that Isabel's wasn't either.

"Levi where are Farlan's and Isabel's information sheets?" I asked curiously.

"Here." He motioned at one of his drawers.

That made sense, he kept them separate from the others.

  I nodded simply and went back to sorting.

  "LEVIIIII!!!!" A voice rang and soon Hange bursts out through the door.

  "Do you know how to knock? Shitty glasses?" Levi growled impatiently.

  "I'm sorry! I was just! So excited!" She rambled.

  "About what?" I asked.

  "I'm glad you asked..." She shifted her glasses so that they were higher up on the bridge of her nose.

  "I read Isle Langar's journal from the first entry to the last and discovered something crucial!" She explained.

  "It turns out that the Titan that killed her spoke!" Hange hollered.

"It spoke?" This got me hooked.

"Yeah! And in the entries Langar insisted the titan originally didn't want to eat him and actually bowed down to him! But after a short period of time it was as if the Titan lost control over his body and lunged at him!" Hange described.

"Hmm, if the titan spoke, and unwillingly was forced to eat Langar somehow, then what if all titans started off as peaceful beings but someone did something to them and they were forced to eat humans?" I questioned.

"Maybe someone gave them an instinct that if they see a human they have to eat them? I mean they don't need to eat us to survive but they do it anyway." I state.

"Precisely Chance! I was thinking that maybe all titans start off as humans and then hey mutate into some kind of monster somehow! I mean my guess is valid right?" Hange squeals.

"Hold it, are you saying that I might've been slicing off human flesh all along?" Levi demands ferociously.

"I'm not absolutely certain, but what got me was the word Jaegar on the journal." Hange darkens.

"Do you know what Eren's dad does for a living?" She asks.

"I think Eren said that his dad was a doctor." I commented.

"Exactly, but what got me thinking when I looked through records as the fact that he cured an entire village of a thought to be incurable disease. And he just magically thought of the cure somehow." Hange spoke.

"I think Dr. Jaegar is more then a regular doctor." Hange explains.

"What your saying does indeed make sense." Levi tilts his head.

"Maybe he's a scientist then!" I realized.

  "Yes! Chance! You get it!" Hange clapped her hands together.

  "So what your saying is Eren's dad may be behind titans even existing?" Levi says uncertainly.

  "I mean this theory does have flaws, like Titans appeared a century ago and I highly doubt he's that old unless he used some kind of potion." Hange declares.