Chapter 5

Chance's POV
"Ready to go?" Levi's raspy voice asked.

  "Yep." I clicked my tongue. He sighed and lead me towards a rather large dining hall, where Eren and the other squad members were already seated. I timidly took a seat next to an orange haired girl, since she was the only girl there. Levi sat in the middle of the long table and began speaking.

  "Today we have two new recruits entering the special operations squad, Eren Jaeger and Chance. Introduce yourselves to them." Levi picked up his white teacup and started sipping the remaining liquids.

  "Hi! I'm Petra! Nice to meet you guys!" The girl next to me smiled brightly.

  "Yo." I stated. As you can see, I'm not AS sociable at first.

"I'm Eld." A tall blonde guy smiled "and this is Gunther." He pointed to a black haired dude.

  "I'm Oluo, don't get to cocky rookies, just because you got hand picked by the Cap-" he got cut off by a disgusting-sounding squishing sound, as it looked like, he bit his own tongue. I laughed a little. This Oluo was hilarious.

  "Nice to meet you all." Eren smiled.

  "Yeah." I said warily.

   Now that we're done with the petty introductions, we need to get on with the serious business." Levi placed down the cup gently.

  "Cleaning." I snorted. All heads turned to me. Levi smirked.

  "Exactly."

I swept the surface and corners of my room, dusted the shelves and wiped the windows. I'm used to this. I thought as I made my bed the 11th time so that is would meet Levi's standards. I took a step back and admired my work from afar.

"Not bad." Levi said strolling in.

"I know right." I smirked.

  "Why don't you he help Jaegar and Petra. They sure need it." Levi bashed and strutted away. I laughed a bit and walked towards the guest room, where Eren and Petra were talking.

  "Yo." I walked in.

"Hello Chance!" Petra smiled.

   "Whatcha talking about?" I grabbed a spare broom.

"Captain Levi." Eren looked at me.

  "Oh? What about him?" This caught my interest. Suddenly Petra's cheery voice turned into a low whisper.

"Did you know the Captain was once an underground thug?" She whispered. I froze. News sure did get out fast.

  "U-um really?" I turned away from them to hide my nervous expression.

"Yeah. I also heard that Commander Erwin had to drag him up here to the Scouts, and he came really unwantingly!" Petra giggled.

"More like murderously... " I stated. I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth as soon as that one word left my mouth.

"What?" Petra asked.

"Heh nothing, um, let's get on with the cleaning. Knowing Le- the Captain he would be horrifyingly furious if we didn't get this little room done with three people."  I said a little too quickly and started sweeping at a rapid speed. I bet Petra and Eren are wondering what the hell was wrong with me but whatever.

"I'm done sweeping." I soon said and turned around. I turned to see Eren and Petra throwing dusters at each other. One giant tick mark appeared on my head.

"What the actual hell is wrong with you guys! GET TO WORK I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK CLEANING FOR THE WHOLE DAY!!!" I raged. I know I'm really overreacting, but come on! No one wants to be stuck here cleaning all day because of two incompetent fools. I'm guessing I looked really menacing because they all collected their dusters with a terrified expression, and silently started making the bed and dusting the books and desks after a salute of "YES MA'AM!" I pinched the bridge of my nose and started helping Eren with the shelves. Soon enough we were all done.