Chapter 21

"Chance! Commander! Oh my gosh, we were looking for you!" Petra called out worriedly when we met up with the Special Operations Squad.

  "Yeah, at least mention where you guys go.." Jaeger comments quietly.

  "Well.. I almost got myself killed.." I mentioned as briefly as possible.

  "WHAT?!" Jaeger roared.

  "What in the seven hells happened?" Petra demanded furiously.

  "I kinda ran out of gas... but Levi saved my sorry ass." I laughed.

  "Goodness.." Petra shook her head.

  "We should replenish our gas supply to be honest." Levi cuts in.

  "That's a good idea, I still have about 1/4 tank left. I think I'll last, but maybe the others will need it." Petra says while smiling.

  Levi nods and trotted over to the fuel wagon.

  "Who needs refilling?" He demands.

  Me, Jaeger and Oluo walked over to him.

  "You three.. honestly." He shook his head before handing us each one tank and taking one for himself.

  I gently slid off the lid of the full tank and emptied out the contents into my two separate tanks.

  I tossed the can back in the wagon and smiled.

  "I'm done!" I cheered.

  "You oughta be more careful Chance!" Petra slaps me on the shoulder.

  "Oh my god! Look at your knees!" Her eyes skimmed over me.

  "They're fine, just a bit sore that's all." I brushed her off.

  "They are defiantly not fine, Petra get some gauze and wipes." Levi commands.

  "Oluo, Gunther, Eld, make sure titans don't reach us." He ordered.

"Yes sir!" They chorused.

"There's really no need.." I tried to protest.

"Just shut your mouth and remain still." Levi receives the gauze and wipes and began taking of my boot.

I took my foot out of my stirrups and allowed my leather boot to be taken off and my white, yet blood stained pants to be rolled up, above my knees.

Levi took some wipes and began to clean my wound.

"Ow." I winced noticeably.

"Hold still." He focused on cleaning the gash without looking up.

Petra caught my gaze and smiled at me, giving me a thumbs up.

Jaeger just stood there awkwardly and waved.

I looked back down as Levi rolled the gauze around my knees to that the blood doesn't get all over the place.

I smiled to no one in particular as he rolled down my pant leg and slid my boot back on.

He did the same process for my other leg and soon both knees were wrapped in gauze.

"Thank you." I stretched my legs as straight as possible so it released the tension on my knees.

"It's nothing." He states.