Chapter 9

Everyone in the comments averaged mostly on happy ending so I'll rewrite the ending for you guys then! Hope you will enjoy! Here's Chapter 6.

Chance's POV
Just as I expected, the training course was hell through and through.

Levi had us working so hard, as soon as we got a break, we all collapsed on the green grass from exhaustion.

  "I'm exhausted..." I shifted my hand so that it lay, fingers curled up on my forehead, blocking any rays of sunlight from blinding me.

  "Tired?" Levi walked over.

  "Just peachy captain!" I snorted sarcastically.

  "Tch." He sat down next to me, back slightly hitting a tree.

  I looked around to observe our surroundings a bit and noticed Eren and Petra huddled up together, talking about God knows what, and Oluo, Gunther and Eld sitting under a shade, sipping cold water out of some leather canteens.

  "So our mission for the expedition is to protect Hange's squad right?" I tried to start a conversation.

"Correct." Levi states shortly, leaning against the tree more.

I shifted a little bit so that I could clearly see that his eyes were closed.

He looks so peaceful. I thought.

His peaceful self looked so innocent it took away his usual frowning exterior and made him look much younger.

"Why are you staring at me." Levi suddenly snaps open his eyes.

"Nothing!" I say a little too quickly.

"Mhm." He looks away slightly.

"Say Levi what if we don't find anything around that oak tree? Wouldn't that be an utter waste of strength?" I ask.

"Even if we don't this is good practice. But I trust Shitty Glasses's instincts. Knowledge wise, she's more intelligent then any of us." Levi drawls.

I smiled.

"See? You actually acknowledge Hange! It's not like you don't care for her at all! I think that's sweet." I cooed.

He glared at me but soon his frown turned to a smirk.

"That's right, now I'm going to her office to keep her my company...." He slowly begins to stand up.

"The fudge Captain?!" I groan and pull him back down.

"Jealous?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"You. Fudging. Wish." I seethed.

"I'll take that as a yes and move on." He smiled gently.

Smiled.

He should really do it more often.

"You should smile more often Levi." I state.

"I don't know how to smile." He yawns a bit.

"You just did!" I confront.

"Because I'm happy." He states simply, edging closer to me.

I didn't try to move away.

"You make me happy." He takes his right hand and uses it to cup my cheek gently.

"I- I..." I stutter.

Crap I'm stuttering.

"Am nervous." He finished my sentence for me.