Alternate Ending

(If you want to only have a happy ending engraved in your mind, you might not want to read this, but I had a request from leafifael to publish my original, sad ending so here it is!)

Chance's POV

  Goodbye...

  Those words couldn't even leave my mouth before I held back a scream while my stomach was torn apart. I couldn't let him hear the absolute agony my body was trying to withstand.

  I could hear the sound of my tendons and muscles ripping for a second as well as bones cracking. By then, I knew this was the end.

  Soon, I felt nothing.

  I couldn't breathe.

  I wasn't able to.

  I felt dead.

  I am dead.

  The whole world was dark, with not even a single glimmer of light or hope of life.

  I couldn't see my surroundings anymore, I couldn't move my body anymore. I felt like I was looking into a dark space where nothing existed.

  There wasn't even pain anymore.

  It was just darkness.

  Like a never ending deep sleep.

  My mind turned hazy, wanting to be anywhere but here.

  Oh how I wished for the ability to just open my eyes one more time.

  I wanted to see Levi again.

  I wanted to say "I love you" again to him.

  I regret so much.

  I the midst of the darkness, I felt a wetness on my face.

  Was it possible to still feel even when I'm dead?

  "Why..." Was the word I heard from the voice of he person I loved the most.

  I know my ears aren't working.

  But maybe, my spirit could live on and hear him.

  "You promised." He continues.

  Stop crying.

  "That we'd get married remember? That you wouldn't die remember?" Tears rolled down his cheeks onto mine.

  I can feel your tears even when my body isn't responding to my thoughts and commands.

  "It was all too good to be true." I felt his voice crack.

  No, stop it.

  I don't want to hear you in pain.

  This was all my fault.

  "I need you Chance. Please come back to me." He pleaded desperately. He was never one to beg or plead for anything. I could almost feel his heart breaking for me. It made me feel so loved, yet so bitten with guilt.

  I want to come back.

  But I can't see you, I can only hear your voice and feel your tears.

  But I guess seeing you would make it worse.

  Knowing that I can see you, alive and well but you could only meet with my lifeless eyes.