Chapter 16

Chance's POV
"So what's next on your little "list?" Levi cocks a brow.

  We were currently sitting on a horse drawn carriage back to the headquarters.

  The sound of hooves clattering against the pavement was oddly satisfying.

"The Underground, I need to explain to he others about me. I would rather tell them directly than having them believe in false rumours that may occur." I decided rationally.

"That bit would also include me wouldn't it?" Levi sighed.

"Yeah it would. But wouldn't that be better than to hold it off as a secret for as long as possible, and to let people randomly guess at it?" I proposed hesitantly.

"That's true, the reason I never said anything was because nobody dared to ask. But your argument is indeed valid." Levi taps his chin quietly.

"So we have a lot of explaining to do." I shut my eyes and tucked my hands behind my head.

"We sure got our hands full." Levi sighs.

"Sorry for dragging you into this Levi." I bowed my head a little.

"Geez." He scorns and leans over towards me.

He grabs my head and rubs it harshly.

"Don't think you're "dragging me" into this Chance. I want to do this too you know." He muttered.

  "Haha... I really wonder why. Since I have been avoiding this situation like the bubonic plague." I mummer.

  "I'd rather face my fate than avoid it." Levi placed his chin on his knuckle.

  "You're so brave." I mutter in admiration, for I was never going to be as courageous.

  "I'm not at all." He insists quietly.

  "But you are, I would never own up to the truth as easily as you would. I'm not that justified." I groaned.

  "I wouldn't call that justification, I would call it morality. I would think that a regular human would be able to do this much. Well not every being classified as "human" are people in my eyes anyway. Most of them are pigs." Levi scorned.

  "You know... that sounded really freakin badass." I grinned.

  "I was simply stating my opinion on this matter, how is that badass?" He raised a brow.

  "The more you don't think it's badass the more I think it is!" I laughed.

  "You're eccentric." He states.

  "You've realized you have called me strange too many times and wanted to switch up the wording? Smartass." I grumbled.

  "Maybe I am a smartass, that's better than being a dumbass." He replied nonchalantly.

  "True true." I nodded.

  I felt the carriage come to a sudden halt.

  "Are we here?" I peered out the window.

  "Yes, It appears so." Levi holds out a hand for me to take.