Chapter 14

Chance's POV
We and Levi walked towards the training grounds where everyone was already gathered.

"Chance! Corporal!" Petra greeted in her usual cheerful manner.

"Hey Petra!" I responded with a smile.

"So how was the talk with Dr. Jaeger?" She peered at me.

This caught Jaeger's attention and he walked towards me.

"Chance, did my father say anything to you?" He asked me with pleading eyes.

"That is non of your concern cadet. The information received is top secret. I'll be talking with Erwin about it later. For now, we shall train to eradicate the titans." Levi interrupted.

"Yes sir." Jaeger nods reluctantly.

"Maybe I should talk about the expedition with Erwin now. You cadets stay here and train while I make a trip to Eyebrows's office. I don't want any trouble when I get back. Did I make myself clear?" Levi raised a brow.

"Yes sir!" We declared simultaneously.

Levi's POV

I left the cadets at the training grounds while I made my way back into the castle.

I stepped into the hallway and continued on to Erwin's office.

I stopped in front of big mahogany doors labeled "Commander" and carefully knocked softly waiting for a reply.

"Come in." Erwin's voice boomed.

  I silently walked in the dauntingly big office.

  "Levi, I trust that you have information to tell us?" Erwin looks up.

  "Me and Chance went to visit Dr. Jaeger in the dungeons." I reported.

  "And what are the findings?" Erwin asks in a demanding manner.

  I went on to explain all of the facts Dr. Jaeger had earlier stated reluctantly thanks to Chance's blackmail.

  "So that's how things are..." Erwin placed his elbows on his desk.

  "Commander, I have a question." I state.

  "Go on." He waves lightly.

  "Why are we being so dauntless and attacking the titans head on now? Weren't all your strategies in the past to avoid titans? Even though we found the one who seems to be responsible for the mess humanity is in today, a bold strike would result in the loss of many lives." I demanded.

  Erwin sighs but nods.

  "It seems that you have forgotten our goal. The one countless soldiers had gave up their lives for. And that is to one day knock down the walls and live in a peaceful world. No matter how many lives lost, we are soldiers that has given up our hearts to humanity. Therefor, the faster and more efficiently we get rid of titans the better." Erwin insists broadly.

  "My apologies, but I think that perhaps you should rethink your strategies a little Commander." I bowed.

  "Levi, you usually never question me. Is there a certain cadet you would like to protect now? One that's life worth the lives of a hundred soldiers to you? One that you could not bear to lose?" He asks intimidatingly.

  "Where would you get that idea?" I retorted.

  "So then why are you so hesitant to attack now? I thought you would kill all the titans if you had the chance. So I'm giving you one. Why aren't you taking it?" Erwin looks at me.