Chapter 7

Chance's POV
"Well, wish us luck..." I thought aloud as I tied my hair into a ponytail and walked out to meet the squad for the "important expedition" Erwin had planned carefully. I sighed while grabbing my deep green Scout Regiment cape, hanging on a hook drilled into my door. This may very well be the death of me, but I can't think about fear right now. I need to be careful and my cuts have to be swift and clean, no sign of discomfort or hesitation. Or else I truly am going to die a horrific, bloody death. I noticed as I walked into the dining hall, that so far only Petra and Levi were gathered there.

"Hey Levi, Petra." I acknowledged briefly before sitting down, across from Petra. Levi nodded and Petra just stared at me. Woah, who shoved a stick up your ass. I thought, thankfully not out loud.

"Are you nervous?" Petra asked.

"Bout what?" I say shortly.

"The expedition!" She responded.

"It's normal for rookies to get super nervous on their first expedition outside the walls." She explained, rather smugly.

  "Yeah so terrifyingly nervous you pissed yourself on your first expedition." Eld said smoothly, strolling in.

"Ahaha!" I laughed at Petra's red face as she scolded Eld about "losing respect" or something like that.

  "Sorry we're late." Eren walked in with Oluo and Gunther.

"Tch." Levi clicked his tongue in clear annoyance.

"Saddle up, capes on and we'll meet with the others at the gate." Levi ordered. I scurried along with the rest of the squad to the mahogany stables.

"Lei, please don't let me down..." I say while adjusting the saddle and saddle pad on her back, back and forth, making sure it snugly fit on her spine. I quickly slipped the girth on and tightened it then I stuck my finger at the back Leiyari's mouth, where there was just gum and no teeth giving me an opportunity to slip the bit in her mouth, allowing me to put the bridle on her head.

"There! All done!" I clapped my hands in satisfaction. I lead my horse outside the stables and hopped on. Petra came out shortly after me.

  "Wow you're pretty fast for a rookie!" She commented.

  "Rookie or not, this isn't new to me. Well other then the whole Titan massacre thing." I state and gently nudged my horse to a walk, joining up with Levi on Stormrider who was waiting at the edge of the forest.

  "Ready?" He nods.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed in defeat. Even though I always knew I was going to join the Scouts. Back then I was only thinking about joining to find my friends. I won't even hesitate to say that I didn't care at all about the whole Titan situation. I'll admit that's selfish,mouth I'm still not mentally prepared for this!

"Regret joining the Scouts now?" He rolled his eyes.

"Not. A. Chance." I confirm, smiling lightly.

(I didn't realize until after I wrote this but oh the pun XD)

"Corporal! We're all set!" I heard Eld yell from behind us.

"Then let's go." Levi kicked his horse and he erupted into a rapid gallop.

"OI! Wait up!" I complained, doing the same with my horse. Soon we were travelling like a pack of wolves towards the large metal gate that held everyone captive in the walls for more than a century. Well let's give it all we got! I thought as the gate was slowly raised up.

"The point of this expedition is to research what's inside the Titan forest. We will have Squad Leader Hange lead her squad to find clues of any weaknesses the Titans might have at the heart of the forest. We're making a fair assumption that deeper in the forest, there are more abnormals, indicating that maybe, where all the abnormals gather, there may be something they would like to protect. The Special Operation Squad or better known as "Squad Levi." will be helping keep Titans from reaching the middle of the forest, insuring the safety of Squad Hange. That is the goal of this "special" expedition. To find out what the Titans don't want us to know."