Chapter 4

Warning this chapter especially contains spoilers of Levi's background. I suggest you read the manga if you don't know Levi's history and don't want any spoilers! Happy reading.

Chance's POV
  I walked into the dining room with Levi which let alone, causes a lot of murmurs and disbelief, but on top of that I put my hand on his shoulder and told him

"I'm going to sit next to that Mikasa girl over there." He simply nodded and I walked over to Mikasa.

"What the hell were you doing with him?!" She asked bluntly.

"Talking." I said while shoving mashed potatoes in my mouth. Suddenly a thought struck me.

"Hey Mikasa?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah? What is it?" She answered, probably surprised I'm the first one to start a conversation.

"What's your last name?" I asked.

"Ackerman." Mikasa deadpanned.

"Ackerman?" I asked, remaining a stoic face but inside my head, thoughts are running at incredible speeds. Ackerman if Mikasa's last name really was Ackerman that would mean either her and Levi coincidently had the same last name, or they were family. But this topic was clearly none of my business so I shouldn't mess around with this.

  "Hey Levi?" I asked.

"What is it brat?" Levi demanded.

"I never asked this before but what is your last name?" I said curiously.

"That isn't something I tell others." He turned away. I stared at the ground obviously disappointed.

"However, I'm willing to make a deal with you." He looked straight at me.

"What deal?" My eyes narrowed suspiciously.

   "If you tell me all about your previous life before this dump, I'll tell you mine." Levi says rather seriously. I stared at him for some time.

"Fine. Promise?" I held out a pinky.

"God that is so childish, but yes I promise." He shook my pinky with his.

"Okay, I was a resident in wall Sheena my father and mother however, were bandits. On the outside, they blended in with any ordinary, snobby Sheena citizen, but on the inside, they were common, average people. At one point they ran out of money and couldn't afford to pay for my clothes or food anymore. So I made an effort to make cash myself. Everything was going pretty good if I do say so myself!" I let out a little laugh but my expression grew grim again.

"We had enough to eat, wear and use, I personally thought we were lucky enough at the time. No. But my father wanted more. He wanted luxury and wealth. So he wanted to sell me to a rich guy in the military police. The offer had a lot of numbers! My mother did everything she could to stop him.. But all she got was a deep scar. I still feel guilty for her loss." I explained guiltily. "But I didn't want to be some object that could easily be replaced by some pig on the market. So I left. The night I was suppose to be sold. I came to the only place I knew my father would never search for me. The underground. I came when I was 8. I have to admit, I did some horrid things these past years. Like stealing, beating up or even sometimes killing. But just as I was about to lose all hope I met you." I smiled as I pointed at Levi.

"You saved me, and gave me a home, I don't know how to thank you." I gave him a gentle hug. When I let go I said. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, My real- no OLD name is Helia Knightwalker." I ended my story.