xv. murphy's law

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS 
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
FIFTEEN ━━ murphy's law

 young, wild & freeFIFTEEN ━━ murphy's law

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝WE SHOULD CARVE
OUR INITIALS HERE! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

ANNABELLE ROSE LIKED MANY THINGS. OLD RECORDS, HOT CHOCOLATE WITH CINNAMON, THE SMELL OF GRASS AFTER IT HAD RAINED, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY the large willow tree just at the edge of the Black Lake. It was here where that her friendship with the girls had been truly cemented—or better said, carved into the world.

It had been a rare sunny afternoon just before Christmas Break during their first year, which seemed so long ago now. The Hogwarts Grounds had been covered in a thin layer of snow, and Julia had all but demanded to go on a stroll outside.

At that point in time she was still very determined to see the Giant Squid swimming in the lake. She had stated with the ice covering the water, she could take a closer look. But instead the dark skinned girl hadn't even reached the ice when she had slipped down a small slope.

A slope that had directly led to their willow tree.

But instead of snow, today the sun shone brightly, light reflecting on the water of the lake as it glistered beautifully. As if fallen stars had been captured inside.

"The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the world is happy." Julia smiled contently, walking backwards, despite the numerous protest she received in doing so by a worrying Lily. "A perfect time to do absolutely nothing."

And like that fateful day down the snow covered slope, today would not be any different.

Annabelle, Lily and Marlene could only watch as Julia stumbled over a small rock, arms swinging as the girl's eyes widened in startled surprise. A small yelp escaped her parted lips and before the clumsy Gryffindor girl could save herself, she tumbled down.

"Are you alright?!" Lily shouted, already in pursuit of the girl as she made her way down the same slope.

"Told you so!" Marlene spoke at the same time, gleefully smiling as she walked down after Lily far more calmly than the redhead.

"Thank you Lily, for the concern. I am perfectly splendid." Julia grumbled as she sat up with her back against the willow tree,  sparing a single glare in Marlene's direction.

Annabelle, who had remained quiet during the whole ordeal, just shook her head. "You look comfortable down there."

"The ground needs some love too, from time to time." Julia simple shrugged, pushing stray pieces of hair out of her face.