xxi. socks

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
TWENTY ONE ━━ socks

 young, wild & freeTWENTY ONE ━━ socks

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝ALRIGHT I HAVEN'T! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

    AFTER SHE HAD MADE UP WITH REMUS, AND AFTER A VERY FRIGHTFUL SCOLDING FROM HER MOTHER upon return home about the dangers of traveling at night and sneaking out without informing them, Annabelle had enjoyed her Christmas break tremendously. Well━she didn't like the fact that when Christmas morning came around and it had been time to unwrap her presents she found a singular gift from a specific boy among them.

    She almost threw it away without looking, but with one pointed look from her mother, she had admitted defeat and opened the present. Of course it was a jest when her eyes laid on advanced Astronomy book, and upon opening it, found the familiar scribble-like handwriting of Sirius Black.

    Her mother had taken one look at the words inside the cover before smiling knowingly at her daughter. Of course Annabelle hadn't seen it, but her father certainly had as he frowned at the book the rest of the morning.

    But now with Christmas break over, it was time to return to Hogwarts once more. And to her absolute happiness, the only incident that morning had been her father stepping on Dot's tail when he was walking down the stairs and taking a tumble down the stairs when the startled kneazle had hissed at him.

     "Dot acted like I just tried to kill him." Cardell was still muttering when they walked towards Platform 9 ¾ that same morning, while simultaneously rubbing his bruising left arm.

    Annabelle sighed pushing the trolley with her trunk and Dot's cat carrier on it where a familiar hiss echoed from, as if the cat was defending his actions.

    "Dad, please, let it go." She muttered with a shake of her head.

    "What." He replied abashed, "I don't see you taking nose dives from the stairs for pleasure."

    "Who says I don't?" Annabelle countered with a raised brow.

    "I do."

     Annabelle grumbled out a reply under her breath before her eyes fell on the wall that would lead her to the Hogwarts express. "I mean, we are the ones running at walls for fun, for merlin's sake!" She shrugged before rushing forward.

    Even after all these years, the sight of the gleaming scarlet train filled her with unsurmountable happiness. A bright smile immediately graced her lips as she watched the large crowd on the platform. From returning students to eager first years ready to return after their first break.