Chapter Forty One: Oh, Bite Me

The next day, Alex was reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner in her room. Rose was watching some chick flick, and the Doctor had disappeared early in the morning to go do Odin knew what.

Alex loved this series, and she had particularly taken to the female protagonist, Teresa. In the last book, she had been the only girl in a maze full of boys, and yet she'd been the bravest and toughest easily. Also, Alex imagined her with this cute curly black hair with a sort of blue ombre to the tips.

So caught up was she in this book, Alex didn't notice the Doctor had entered until he flopped face down on the bed next to her, tired of the tinkering he'd been doing all day.

Even then, all she said was, "Hey."

"Good book?" the Time Lord asked.

"Uh huh. This chick is brilliant! Fantastic!" Alex enthused.

"Better than me?" the Doctor teased.

Alex rolled her eyes at him. "Oh, bite me." She went back to her book, but her eyes kept flickering up to the Doctor as he moved to lie next her, and she let out a surprised gasp as she felt his teeth gently pull at the skin of her neck. "What... what are you doing?" she inquired, but she was smiling still as she bookmarked her page and dropped her book on her bedside table.

"You told me to bite you," the Doctor muttered against her skin, then continued to kiss down her throat and along her collarbone. Alex sighed in pleasure, before tangling her hands in the Time Lord's hair, bringing his head up to kiss her passionately, him straddling her hips as they both sat up, ensnared in each other's hold.

Not breaking the kiss until she had to, Alex slipped her fingers under the hem of the Doctor's t-shirt and pulled it up and over his head, smiling against him when she realised he was wearing jeans.

"You... are gorgeous... in denim," she told him between kisses, as she worked off her own shirt, leaving her in a bra and her shorts.

"Beautiful," the Doctor breathed, kissing down her throat again while Alex let her head fall back against the pillows.

And from that moment on, the Scorch Trials were completely forgotten.