Twelve at night

Harry and Severus hid under the cloak. It was a tight squeeze but luckily they managed to stay sufficiently covered. Severus had explained to Harry the procedure that they would need to follow in order for Harry to go back.

Harry didn't like it. It was too much for him to relive it, and in such grave detail... The procedure was simple, however unfavourable.  Harry would have to put everyone of his memories in the Pensieve and relieve his strongest ones. He didn't know much, but he believed it would only be the memories of this life, not of Gellert's. He felt a pain in his chest, not knowing which memories he would have to relive.

Sadly, he knew that his strongest memories weren't pleasant. He hadn't told anybody about the worst of it, not even his boyfriend, Draco.

"Father?" Harry whispered almost silently as they walked down the deserted halls. Severus hummed a 'yes' quietly in return, trying his best not to catch Filches attention. He was probably lurking around some nearby corner.

"Will you... have to see my memories?" Harry looked at the back of Severus' head, nervousness brewing in the pit of his stomach. Severus shook his head. "What does James think about me in your world?"

"What? James?"

"You know, the one who has pretended he's your father since he married... your mother." Severus stopped for a second, causing Harry to walk into him.

"Mother's alive?" Harry felt a sharp pain in his chest. The memory of his mother's death making his eyes sting. No, he was a slytherin. It didn't matter. "What house is she in?"

"Gryffindor. Like James. And... are they... dead in the other world?"

"Yes." They turned the corner and they were stood in front of Dumbledore's office.  "Lemon drop. Bertie bots every flavoured beans. Chocolate frogs. Jiggly Puff?"

The door opened on the last one, and Harry absently wondered what a Jiggly Puff wad as he walked onto the staircase, Severus following suit.

"Hello, Harry, Severus. Come in." Came Dumbledore's voice. He took off the cloak and walked in.

"You. Send me back home." Harry said. Dumbledore laughed slightly, a slight twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh, Harry. Why would I send you back? I need you here so you can save the wizarding world." Harry smiled and pointed his wand to the cupboard Severus said the Pensieve was in and cast the spell that would summon it to him.

Dumbledore's eyes were wide and Harry smirked at him.

"It's for the greater good, Albus." He said with a wink, before jumping straight into the black, misty liquid.

"Potter! Get here!" Vernon shouted as Harry curled up into a ball, blood running down his back.

There was a green light, the clock chimed telling Harry it was twelve at night.