In My Veins

Severus walked briskly down the street, his cloak billowing behind him. The order awaited him, and he needed to be there so he could talk about the evil forces that were arising. Severus was worried that Harry would find out that he was indeed on the light side and hate him, but it was important to him. What would Lily think?

Merlin knows, Severus thought solemnly as he reached Grimmauld place. The two houses moved apart with a groan, shaking the ground and causing things to shatter. He knocked loudly on the door of number twelve, and Sirius Black answered it wearily. 

"Severus! Oh my, I've missed you so much!" Cried he, pulling him into a warm embrace. Severus smiled and hugged him back. "How's it been, old friend? Missing our days as besties? The days when we used to find ways to beat our school enemy, James?"

Severus laughed half-heartedly, the joke being an ironic one. Best friends? They were now, but back then they had been the enemies. Or that was until James had murdered Fredrick Copper, one of the Ravenclaws in the year bellow them. He said it was an accident.

But how could it have been?

"Oh, Severus! Come on through!" Came Molly's tired voice. Her expression was one of grave sincerity, and her ginger hair was starting to turn grey. Still, she smiled, but it was as fake as a smile could get. 

Soon, everybody was sat around the table. Dumbledore sat there too, much to Severus' dismay. Dumbledore was just like a snake. He had a tongue like one and he could slither out of a bad situation easily. 

However, Severus could best him as he was a snake. Maybe not one that bites, but one that traps the mouse and squeezes it until it passes out. So, Severus needed to, metaphorically, do just that.

"Dumbledore, about Harry..." Severus said, anger dripping from his voice. Severus eyed him, but Dumbledores twinkling eyes came looking back. The aura in the room was thick. Everybody knew the topic was going to arise but none of them expected it to arise so early in the meeting. 

Sirius sat on his seat with a small but angry smirk plastered upon his ageing face. Molly sat up straight, fiddling with the hem of her apron. Severus made sure to keep a good facade so that Dumbledore couldn't read his expression. 

"You almost killed my son." The squeaking of the chairs could be heard as members of the order shuffled in their seats. Dumbledore looked at him, a smile growing on his face that Severus despised. This old man was a sick fucker, Severus thought angrily. 

"Severus, I think you are over reacting, my boy. He's fine is he not? He was perfectly safe at the Dursleys." Dumbledore replied, feeling no remorse for his lies. Severus, who was about to reply, was suddenly stunned silent. The whole room watched as Sirius Black lunged himself at Dumbledore and punched him square in the face.

Severus tried his best not to let out a laugh and looked over to Tonks who was looking with horror towards Sirius. 

"You just bopped him in the shnaze!" The shocked Tonks croaked out, staring now at the blood that was making its way down Dumbledore's face. 

"In the what?" Sirius said in means to reply before Dumbledore recovered himself. He no longer smiled, as he was frankly to agitated at things not going his way. But you can't always get what you want. 

"Albus." Came McGonagall solemn voice. She looked around at the rest of the order and began to speak again. "We must have a vote to decide whether or not we think you fit to lead the order anymore. You have committed a heinous crime. You left Harry with abusive parents." 

Everyone looked around, chattering worriedly and sharing quick glances. Minerva hushed them quickly, and Dumbledore tried to convince her that this was a mistake. But she did not listen to him. She, just like Severus, wanted him gone.

"Whoever votes for Albus to stay, say 'I', and raise your hand." Nobody raised their hand or muttered 'I'. And so the decision was made. "Goodbye, Albus. I'll see you at Hogwarts."

____________

AN- Please leave a comment, they really are appreciated. :)