The Opening Of Something New.

Severus sat in his new office, the potent smell of lemon drops and chocolate frogs filling his senses. He felt as if he was being watched and not just by the dog who was sat beside him. He knew it was probably the many portraits that were hung around the room as he sighed. Why had he taken the job? Minerva had pretty much forced him too so he didn't have much of a choice.

Loudly, the dog transformed from his hound-self and into a man who's beard was trimmed and hair was brushed. Harry - who was the current topic on both Severus' and Sirius' mind's -  was very pleased about the new turn of events. His father the headmaster of Hogwarts, a very useful turn of events. 

"Draco?" Harry asked from the frame of their bathroom door, a comb in his hand. Draco looked up, his hair messy although beautiful. His blue eyes looked into Harry's emerald ones. Green, such a calming colour, one that filled even the most angry of people with tranquillity.

"Yes, Harry?" Harry moved over to sit next to Draco, a look of guilt displayed on his pale face. Confused, Draco asked what was wrong but Harry pulled him into a warm embrace, not saying anything for a second before he pulled away, taking a steady breath and closing his eyes. When Harry opened them again, Draco was listening with worried ears.

"I'm sorry, so, so sorry." Harry's voice choked as he attempted to speak. "I have done you wrong. I am the worst possible boyfriend. I should have never opened the chamber of secrets, I should never have pulled you into something as stupidly dangerous as that. We got someone killed and I feel so guilty. Grindelwald would never have cared, but I care! So what if she was a blood traitor, she was a human, a witch, even. She never meant anything to me but I feel as if I killed her. I mean, I did! I killed her!"

Suddenly, Harry felt a sharp pain in his left cheek and he fell to the floor in surprise, his eyes wide and staring at Draco who had gotten up from his seat and now loomed over him, his eyes swimming with anger. 

"You idiot! You killed nobody! We had to let Tom live! Tom is the one we need to think about!" Draco yelled as Harry looked at him in awe. Draco lowered himself to Harry's height, their faces almost touching. "Never think of yourself as a murder. Sure, we both did some vulgar things back then, and sure those times weren't even long ago but we are who we are."

Harry, who's face was still in an expression of wonderment, raised his face so that Draco's mouth met his and they shared a kiss of confusion.