Prologue: New Problem

Ciel's POV

It has been quiet for a while now in London. All of the problems had been taken care of by Sebastian . It has been a bit boring, to be honest. I just wish there was something--anything-- that we could take care of. It's so boring just sitting here in my study...

Knock knock knock!

I jumped, startled by sudden noise. After collecting myself, I said, "What is it?"

It was Sebastian's voice, "News from the Queen, my lord."

My heart leapt a bit. Finally, some entertainment!

"Enter," I commanded.

The doors slowly opened to reveal Sebastian with a letter on the silver platter, as always.

"Here you are, my lord. Would you like any refreshments while you read the letter?"

"Yes, I would like some Earl Grey tea."

"Right away, my lord." And with that, he left.

Right after he left, I opened the envelope:

'My dear Guard-dog,

I know crime in London has been quiet lately, and for that I am grateful. However, it has started up again. Recent reports have stated that a cloaked figure had been attacking innocent people in the streets. This figure has only been attacking at night and seems hostile to anything and everything. I ask that you hunt down and apprehend this figure before they cause anymore trouble.'

Sincerely,
Victoria

The more I read, the more interested I became. We haven't had a case like this in a while, and I would very disappointed if we found the culprit and they were an easy target.

By the time I was done reading, Sebastian had already came back in, and handed me my tea.

"Sebastian, prepare the carriage."

"Yes, my lord."

And once again, he left. I didn't have to wait very long to start the mission, since the sun had already set. Once we were in the carriage, I let myself become lost in thought.

'I really do hope this'll be worth my time.'

Little did I know of the surprise that awaited me at our destination.