Chapter 20: A New Face?

3rd POV

CRASH!!!!

Ciel shot out of his seat, the papers on his desk scattering about like confetti. 'What the hell was that?!' He mentally screeched, wide eyes focused on the study door. His fists were shaking and his feet were glued to the floor, despite his best efforts to move. He didn't know why he was so petrified; he had a demon for a butler and worked with all-powerful Otherworldly beings, for goodness' sake. Finally, he willed himself to move and marched to the door, opening it with a trembling hand and quietly stalking toward the front door.

On his way, he bumped into Mey-Rin, who, herself, was speeding through the hallway with a stack of plates in her arms; they both came crashing on the ground and the plates went flying. The cobalt-haired boy thought he would hear countless crashes, but he just heard a swift movement and his redhead-maid's bewildered whining. He blinked to clear his vision and realized Sebastian had saved the plates (and left him to the cold, dusty floor). He also realized his butler had donned his resting-bitch face and was staring at the bespectacled girl.

The bumbling maid was ushering apologies while trying to grab the stack from the raven-haired demon, who just sighed and put the plates down. After, he looked at the both of them with a serious gaze. "That's not important now." He uttered, focusing on Mey-Rin. "Right now, your only job is to protect the manor." Suddenly, all clumsiness faded away from the maid as nodded and disappeared behind the corner without another word.

Once she was gone, Ciel looked at Sebastian and, with a small nod, they raced to the manor door, slamming it open and stopping in their tracks; there, weapons in hand and protecting a horrified Elizabeth, were his Otherworldly allies, pointing their weapons at a new face.

Her golden, wavy locks cascaded down her shoulders and revealed a black, doll-like dress. Like Dead Master and Black Gold Saw, she bore black, skeletal claws; held in them were a sharp, black sword and a huge wheel that served as a shield. A black, spiked crown rested comfortably on her head. But those features, albeit flashy, weren't what Ciel had focused on; no, his attention lied squarely on her feet, or, rather, what had replaced them.

Two metallic wheels almost as large as the girl's legs themselves were planted where her feet should have been; they were black and yellow in color and held a jagged, sharp spike in the center. Honestly, the young master would be shocked if he didn't already see Strength's arms and tail.

The cobalt-haired boy found himself caught in the girl's gaze after surveying her appendages; her topaz eyes held such a violent shimmer he couldn't tear his gaze away. It was odd; there was caution, fear, and anger in her eyes, but there was no sign of malice. It was as if she didn't want to hurt them at all.

"Why are you here?" A voice demanded harshly, bringing him back to reality. His eyes tore away from the mysterious girl's and instead settled on Rock, and he was shocked to see the storm swirling in her eyes. Through the glassy waters was a violent cyclone of long-held hatred and frightening rage; Ciel could easily tell there was history between the two, the same kind he found between them and Strength.

The grip on his ally's sword was so tight the entire blade was trembling, and through her desperate attempt to control her breathing, he could hear the slightest growl bubbling from her throat. Her Otherworldly friend looked no better; like Rock, she was trying to control her breathing and her desperate, venom eyes were glued to the mystery figure. She looked like she was genuinely terrified of the person in front of her, and it sent a shiver down his spine. He didn't understand; she didn't show an ounce of fear with Black Gold Saw or Strength. What was so intimidating about a girl that was shorter than her despite the massive wheels she called feet?