Chapter 16: Omen

A/N: This is gonna be a two-parter! Not that this is incredibly important, but just a heads up.

WE BROKE 930 READS!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Also, this chapter is gonna slightly reference some important factors from both animes. So, slight spoiler warning, but only if you know where they are.

Ciel's POV:

Ugh. What's going on?

I opened one of my eyes and realized something was very wrong. I couldn't decide whether it was the distant screaming beyond my door or the fact that it was very hot and red everywhere.

My instincts now awake and alert, I sprang off my bed and ran to my door, not even caring that I was still in my night gown. I slowly opened the door to find blood splattered on the walls and fire.

My manor was on fire.

Fear quickly rising in me, I swallowed my breath because I knew I was going to scream for Sebastian if I didn't, and quietly edged toward the grand room, being extremely careful of any passing flames.

I finally reached the grand room and begun to open it, when a piercing shriek caused me to shrink backward in shock. That...

sounded like Lizzy.

Steeling myself for a fight, I grabbed a nearby broken shard of glass and burst through the doors. But even then, I'm certain nothing could have ever prepared me for what I saw.

Standing there, choking Lizzy with her blade aimed at her stomach, was Ms. Black Rock Shooter. My eyes couldn't comprehend what was going on. I knew she was ruthless, but... why?

Why would she attack Lizzy out of the blue? What was going on?

My mind continued to attempt to process the scene in front of me as I slowly looked down, noticing that there were two new lumps on the floor. I couldn't help but step back in horror as I realized what they were. There laid the bodies of Sebastian and Ms. Dead Master, completely covered in blood and showing no signs of moving. Ms. Kuroi was nowhere to be found.

I took a sharp intake of air as I unconsciously rushed over to Sebastian's body and began shaking him.

"Sebastian! Get up! My manor is in danger!"

Despite my efforts, he didn't move at all. I got angry and began shaking him harder.

"You damn butler! Get up already!! Stop with this nonsense and get off the floor!!"

I didn't even realize the fact that my voice was becoming more and more desperate as time passed. My hands were now stained with the blood on his coat; whether it was his or not, I couldn't tell. My breathing became erratic as the realization flooded my thoughts.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally let go of his coat, inching away from his body in shock. There's no way. He's immortal, there's no way he's actually dead. I know we played this card before, but... we knew he was going to fake his death then. I knew nothing of this.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard a sickening thud. I couldn't really describe it, it sounded as if something was just thrown on a wet surface. I dared to look up, and honestly, I really wish I hadn't.

I saw that Ms. Black Rock Shooter had dropped my fiance on the bloodied floor and was now staring me down. Fear rose within me as I took the time to focus on her gaze.