Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?

Recap:

"Long time, no see, Black Rock Shooter..."

BRS' POV

Immediately, I whirled around to see who was calling me. I saw an old... would I describe her as passerby or foe? I honestly can't decide.

Her dark green, curled hair swished as she tilted her head, a bright green viel and bright green vertebrae-like horns copying its movements. Luminescent green orbs that shared my eye pattern narrowed a bit behind her glasses that matched the color of her horns. Her deathly-pale lips twisted into a sick smile as she placed a black, skeletal hand on her hip. Her lips were just a shade or two more pink than her deathly-pale complection, much like my skin tone.

She wore a black, gothic-lolita style dress that reached her thighs at the most, allowing view of her black leggings that ended at her knees underneath. The leggings ended with a green lace with a flower on the outsides of her legs. She wore black and green pumps that completed her outfit. Two jagged, bright green wings protruded from her back, and in her free hand was a large, metal scythe that was black and green in color.

I turned to her fully.

"Dead Master."

Her smile grew as I addressed her.

"Hello, there, Rock."

I had half the mind to slice her in half. I only allowed Mato to call me that because we were so close. I spoke to her with venom dripping from my tone.

"I'd appreciate my full title."

She put her hand that was previously on her hand on her chest and faked a pained expression.

"I'm hurt. Have I not known you long enough to address you as such?"

"You know why."

This only added to her fake expression.

"You wound me, Rock. Are we not close?"

I looked away.

"I didn't say that, I'm just not in the mood for silly antics right now."

She quit the act and looked at me with a half-pity-half-worried expression.

"Uh oh, that doesn't sound good. What happened?"

I sighed.

"A lot."

I looked at her.

"A lot I'd rather not mention right now."

She nodded in understanding. She's had moments like this where she would be fuming but would refuse to talk about it. As a result, I made her vow to never bother me when I was in a similar state.

"So why are you out here? As far as I know, Mato is in the mansion you just left and we're not usually the ones to leave our realselves."

I crossed my arms as I tried to remain calm. I didn't even care that she knew of Mato's location at the moment. My mind was too muddled because of my anger. She seemed to notice this.

"Touchy subject, huh? I see."

She walked toward me, putting me on edge. Just because we've known each other for a long time, doesn't mean we're on the best of terms. She put a hand on my shoulder as she smiled gently.

"I think you would feel better if you let out your feelings through combat."

I arched an eyebrow in confusion.

"Where are you going with this?"

Wariness laced my tone as her smile grew once more.

"You're well aware of where this is going."