Ch 17: Friends, Yet Enemies

Ciel's POV

"Young master. It's time to wake up," a voice called out. I immediately recognized him as Sebastian. The light of the outside world bled into my room and woke me up as he spoke. Oh, how I loathe the light of the outside.

I groaned and turned away from Sebastian.

I heard him chuckle and glared at him from the side. Suddenly, I felt the covers being pulled from me and I shot up with a death glare. Of course, it was only met by his sickening smile that I hated.

"Do forgive me, my lord," Sebastian began with another chuckle. "But we must not waste time in interrogating our attacker from the previous night. Even now, our allies are struggling to keep her contained."

This made my eyes widen. Our attacker? Did he mean the one with the large gauntlets?

Well, whatever. What matters is the fact that they still have her contained. I sat on the edge of the bed, now fully awake.

"Then let's hurry and go."

Sebastian nodded as he proceeded to dress me.

We ran out my door and outside the front of the manor, only to find Ms. Dead Master struggling as the attacker was thrashing about and shouting in anger, trying her best to break the chains she was bound by.

Meanwhile, the emerald-eyed girl growled in frustration as she kept her arm outstretched, and more and more obsidian chains flew to the girl and wrapped tightly around her. Ms. Black Rock Shooter was off to the side, both her blade and cannon out and ready in case the stranger broke free.

While the girl was thrashing about, her hood was thrown off in her rage, allowing me to see her features. Her eyes held a bright amber color and almost held lightning in them due to her seething anger alone. And her short hair was so white it was blinding. Needless to say, I was astounded by her appearance.

Suddenly, our eyes locked, and for a moment she froze completely before her eyes widened in rage and she immediately lunged in my direction but was jerked back a few feet away. I couldn't help but jump back in shock as she did so, my wary eyes glued to her every move.

"YOU!!!" she screeched while pulling at the chains with all her force.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Ms. Dead Master's eyes widen as her body lurched forward as if she lost control of a rope before gaining a grip on it again. Then, she pulled the invisible rope back and the crazed girl was pulled back in the process.

I could only stare back, petrified, as the girl continued thrashing about, trying everything to get to me, still growling like a crazed animal. I finally let out a tense breath as I slowly stepped toward her.

"How.. do you know who I am?" I shakily questioned.

For whatever reason, this seemed to stop her in her tracks as she ceased all struggles immediately, looking at me with a bewildered expression, before glaring at me once more. 

She lunged for me again while shouting in rage.

"You stole her away and hurt her! I'll never forgive you!!"

I gawked at the imprisoned girl, trying to comprehend what she just said (and more so, who she was referring to), before shaking out of my daze and glaring at her. 

"Who are you talking about?!" I demanded. 

She growled once more as she continued to reach me. 

"Black Gold Saw! You hurt her and then put her in prison! She did nothing wrong! She was only protecting us!"

I finally understood this madwoman's words as I glared at her in response.