Mate?

Suddenly, an intoxicating scent reaches my nose. A gasp when a sudden need and protectiveness come over me. My wolf stirs inside of me, wanting...no, needing to get to wherever that scent is coming from. My eyes turn golden-yellow as my wolf claws to take control.

I then hear a low growl coming from the other side of the room. Just the sound makes me shiver. I see everyone step away from me and lower their heads. I lower my head, knowing that the pack always bows to the alpha.

I close my eyes tightly, fearing the alpha won't be happy to see me, a rogue, in his territory. My whole body starts to shake uncontrollably. I wrap my arms around me, trying to hide my shaking arms. Every step I hear coming closer to me, the tighter my grip gets on my body. I then hear a loud growl,

"What happened to her clothes?!?"

I hear Daniel clear his throat and step forward.

"Her clothes tore when she shifted, Alpha"

Daniel's confidence has clearly vanished. I gulp. It's the alpha. A sob escapes my mouth and I clench my fists, drawing blood. My blood drips on the hardwood floor.

I hear a loud thud and then a quiet whimper. Daniel must've been punched. I then hear something hit the wall and shatter. My guess is a lamp.

I suddenly feel tingles going through my whole body. It's like my whole body is made of rice crispy cereal. I swallow  hard trying to hold back a gasp. I feel a hand under my chin lift my face up. I then hear a low husky voice,

" It's okay, you're safe sweetie. No one is going to hurt you, I'll make sure if that." Another growl escapes his lips.

I tense at the sound of his growl. A tear slides down my cheek and then another. I slowly open my eyes to see who is making my body light up like a firework. Through blurry eyes I see him.

I see a tall man with dark brown, nearly black hair. His dark wavy locks hang just above his eyes yet below his ears. His broad shoulders slumped as he looks at me.His light blue eyes are full of concern and worry.

He smiles at me then runs his knuckles down my cheek, wiping my tears away. I want to grab his hand and hold it on my cheek but the fear of him and his pack keeps me from doing so. My shaking lessens slightly at his touch.

I hear my wolf cry out inside of me, howling 'Mate!!'. I quickly silence her, afraid she might emerge. I look up to his eyes which are studying every inch of me. Then I see his eyes change to a blood-red color. I whimper, afraid of what he might do if he lets his wolf take over.

His  his eyes go back to blue when I whimper. I let out a sob and then another. My breathing becomes erratic as I sob uncontrollably. Through blurry eyes I see him desperately trying to figure out what is wrong. With a shaky breath I look down.

"P-please.... l-let...m-me...g-go." My voice weak from sobbing.

His jaw clenches and his hand moves away from my cheek. He throws his hands up and then grabs his hair as he turns around and walks a few feet away. He turns around with his eyes blood red. I flinch and cover my face, preparing for his hand to connect with my face. But I never feel anything.

I dare to look up. I peel my eyes open to see the alpha with tears in his eyes. I drop my hand from my face and stare at the scene before me. He sighs.

"Do you think I could ever hurt you? I would never lay a hand on you... I promise you that." He whispers.

He walk over to me and runs his hand through my dark hair. I tense at his closeness then relax slightly. He looks down at my bare legs then growls. He suddenly picks me up bridal style.