Consequences

It's been four weeks and two days since I was kidnapped by the Blood Moon pack. I still hate it here and want nothing more than to escape. But something is keeping me here, something I can't fight. Love.

He comes and checks on me every few hours and we talk for a while until he has to get back to his alpha duties. Probably just checks on me to make sure I won't do anything stupid. But I can't shake the feeling he looks forward to seeing me. I smile at the thought of him actually wanting to get to know me. But that's probably not the case.

I sit on my king size bed and watch 'Revolution' on Netflix with my new iPhone Kayden bought me. Best show ever!! Why did they cancel ?!?! I suddenly hear the door creak open. I pause my show and look up to see Kayden. He's sweaty from training, like he is everyday. I give him a pouty face and curl up in a ball.

"When will you let me train?" I pout.

He chuckles and walks over to me. He plays with a strand of my hair and looks into my eyes. He leans in close to my ear. My heart rate picks up, hoping he will say 'soon'. His breath tickles my ear.

"When I'm picking carrots with a stepladder." He whispers.

I quickly pull away and groan. I roll to the other side of the bed and jump out. I speed walk to the door but am stopped by a very muscular body. I roll my eyes and turn my back to him.

'Kayden... Just leave me alone..'I mind link.

He snakes his strong arms around my waist and pulls me into him. It feels so good, so safe. But being the stubborn person I am, I won't have that. I want to train! to fight!!!

I pull away from him and cross my arms. I hear him grumble.

"Come on babe."

"Don't you 'come on babe' me!!" I yell.

His hands grab my shoulders and turn me around to face him. I try to avoid eye contact. His eyes are so freakin mesmerizing!! He gently grabs my chin and makes me face him.

"You know the Luna doesn't join in any kind of fights. She stays back and helps with the children and elderly. And you will be no different." He says.

"But I might have to fight at some point!! What will I do if I have no training?!?! Get ripped to shreds?!?" I say angrily.

He sighs,"you will never have to fight. I'll always protect you." He plants a kiss on my forehead.

I stand there with my arms crossed as I look into his eyes. Dang it!! I looked!!! No Tara!! You are not backing down because he is giving you puppy dog eyes!!! I straighten up and glare at him.

"Your not going to give in are you?"

"Nope" I pop the 'p'.

He isn't happy, but I have to win this fight. If he wants me to be safe, I need to learn to protect myself. What if I did need to protect myself and Kayden wasn't around? I mean, he's gotta leave my side sometimes....

I pull myself very close to him and lay my hands on his chest, "if you don't let me fight, there will be consequences." I whisper seductively.

His lips draw closer to mine. I wait until I can feel his breath on my lips,"this being one of the consequences." I say with a smirk.

I turn my head away and brush passed him. I glide to the door and open it.

"You might wanna rethink it." I say, not even stopping as I walk out of the room.