Something worth dying for

I'm so tired of their bickering. I latch Amberley onto my breast and let her eat. I hum the lullaby I heard Kayden sing and look at her perfect features. She stares at me with her icy blue eyes that seem to see right through my soul. I smile when she yawns.

"Are you tired sweetie?" I ask her in a baby voice.

I hear Kayden begin to yell and my heart rate picks up. He wouldn't break his promise would he? No.... I stand up and sway back and forth, trying to get Amberley to sleep but she won't while they are screaming at each other. I roll my eyes and begin to walk to the door. I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind!

Just as I'm about to reach the door, a hand covers my mouth and I'm jerked back. I stumble but gain my footing. I thrash around but didn't dare hurt Amberley while doing so. I feel another hand try to grab Amberley from my arms and my wolf tries to take over. I throw my head back as hard as I can and feel a my skull connect with someone's face.

I hear a low growl that I've never heard before. It was the most evil and feral sound I've ever heard in my life. I thrash around and to get out of his grasp. I run to the door but the man grabs me by the hair. I try to scream but the only thing I can get out is an airy whimper. I look for something to fight back with but the only thing I saw was a clock... Wait! I had an idea! I grab the clock and throw it into the tv, making it fall to the floor with a loud crash.

I then manage to get out a bloodcurdling  scream. Amberley is snatched out of my arms and begin to panic. Before I could turn around I feel a cold metal slash against my throat. Warm blood gushes out of my gash and I start choking on my own blood. I start gurgling on my blood and I fall to my knees. I try to call out Kayden's name but it just come out in a bloody gurgle. Before I know it, I'm laying on the floor choking on my own blood.

The last thing I see is the door burst open and someone screams. My eyes close and my gurgling stops. My chest stops rising and my skin goes pale.

----------------------------------------

Kayden's POV

This can't be happening!! My mate's throat is slit and my baby girl is in another man's arms! I see her eyes grow wide and her chest stop rising. A mournful wail escapes me and I fall to my knees. No! No! No! No! No! My mate isn't dead! She can't be dead! I just got her back! I see her eyes slowly close as she exhales her last breath.

I stare at the man who killed my only reason to live and snarl. He snarls right back and his hold on Amberley tightens. The only thing I have left of Tara is in this monster's arms, and I'm getting her back! I weakly stand up and wipe my tears away. He's gonna die! I begin to pounce him but I then remember Amberley. I release a frustrated breath and step back.

"Are you too much of a chicken fight me without the protection of a newborn in your arms?!" I snarl.

"No, I'm smart enough to fight you with a newborn in my arms. I haven't lived for 2000 years by being stupid boy."the man says.

Did he just say 2000 years? Is he a....oh crap! I growl and my wolf begins to take over. I hold it back and strain to speak.

"Please give me my daughter back. She's the only thing I have left. Please, I'll do anything." I beg.

The man laughs coldly at my attempts to get her back and he points to Amberley.

"I would do anything to have her in my arms, and I did do anything and everything. Heck, I even killed my own daughter to have my granddaughter in my arms." He laughs.