I want you

Kayden steps closer to me but I back away. he's not gonna hurt my baby. His face soften even more and his shoulders slump forward in defeat.
I cross my arms and stare at the floor.

"What do you want?" I barely whisper.

I wait for his answer but nothing could prepare me for what he says.

"You. I want you." He attempts to step closer.

I don't step back this time because my body is frozen in shock.

"What?"

"I want you back, Tara."

I shock then turns to anger as I point a finger at him.

"You rejected me once you found out who I really was!" I yell.

A long silence follows and he finally breaks it after a couple minutes of silence.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, not making eyes contact.

I'm beyond angry now! I dig my fingernails in my palms to control my wolf. I can't shift when I'm this far along in my pregnancy.

"You're sorry? You're sorry!? Are you sorry that you tried to kill me?Are you sorry that I had to live alone for months?Are you sorry that I spent every waking minute worrying you might find me and kill my baby?" I yell.

He runs his hands through his now short, black hair. He got a hair cut? Focus Tara! You're supposed to hate him, remember?

'It wasn't that you were a Feramors, Tara. I mean, sure, I was shocked and scared. I feel so ashamed for that too; but that's not what made met reject you. I rejected you because you slept with my brother.' He mind linked me.

I didn't know we still had a connection....

"You never let me explain, Kayden." I choke out.

He places his hand on my cheek and his thumb made circles on my skin. I close my eyes as I feel the Sparks where he is touching me.

"Tara, I don't care, I just want you. And if you want to keep the baby, I'll treat it like my own because it's your baby...I just want you back in my life. I want my mate back,Tara." His words touch me.

I place my hand on his and slowly nod.

"Okay, but I want to take it slow." I whisper with a small smile on my lips.

Did I just give in that soon? I told myself never again! What's wrong with me?

His face lights up and he pulls me in for a hug. I hug him back but pull away when his hug gets too tight. I point to my belly.

"Let's not crush her." I say with a smirk.

"Sorry. I forgot about you being 4 months pregnant for a moment. Do you need anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you need to sit down? I can-" I stop him and laugh.

I shake my head and smile,"I'm fine. I'm not breakable you know."

He rubs the back of his neck and he blushes. He opens his mouth to say something but the pack house door burst open. Three men stride in and are glaring at me. Their eyes are blood red from anger. I take a step backward and shrink back. One of them is the guy who hit me. Kayden notices me shrink back and steps in front of me. The man that hit me growls and points to me.

"Why is she still alive?! She should be dead! If your too soft to kill her, I will!"He sneers.

The man starts toward me with his canines out but Kayden punches him in the face before he could even get close to me. I step back but another guy grabs my arms tightly.