Judgement

I lay in the cell, counting the rats that scurry across the floor. I stare at a rat that was nibbling on a piece of bread that it found in another cell. It runs off with a full belly and another takes its place.

24...25....26

Can't they poison these stupid rats? One even but me earlier which hurt like a dagger to the leg. Luckily, it healed quick because of my fast healing. That was three days ago, the second day I was in here.

I think I've made a mistake with trusting the members.

I wish I could hold Amberley in my arms right now, Cooing her to sleep. I miss my family, but I know Amberley won't have a life with me hiding from our own pack. I have to go through with this...

I suddenly hear a door open and I jump up. Are they going to kill me? I watch Daniel unlock my cell with a solemn look on his face. This can't be good... He puts on some gloves and pulls out silver shackles. I scramble back until my back hits the cold stone wall. No! No! No!

I see him shake his head and give me a sympathetic look on his face.

"Please, Tara. Let's get this over with." He says weakly.

I shake my head furiously and whimper. I regret it! I was wrong! I want to go home! Please! Kayden help me! Before I could even comprehend what was happening, I feel the burning shackles wrap around my wrists. I let out a Yelp of pain and try to pull away.

Daniel pulls me out of the cell and up the stairs, to the exit. What's going to happen to me?

"Am I gonna die?" I whimper.

Daniel glances at me and keeps walking. He shakes his head and looks at the ground.

"That all depends on you." He says smoothly.

"What?" I ask weakly.

He sighs and his shoulders slump.

"You'll see." He whispers.

He takes me to the pack house and into the meeting room. I see every pack member here, even the children. Some had sympathetic expression but others had a cold cowl.

I look up to the man that locked me up and he nods his head to me. He sits at the head of the room, on top of a table. Wow, a little dramatic.... He raises his hand and everyone falls silent.

"Today, we will be voting on whether or not to pardon our Luna or execute her. Luna, what do you have to say for your actions with the rogue incident?" He asks.

I swallow the knot in my throat and step forward.

"It was self defense. Only danger to my life will set my wolf off like that. And that was danger to my life." I state simply.

The crowd murmurs but the man raises his hand once more. My hands start to shake, so I quickly cross my arms over my chest. He looks down at me.

"So how do we know you won't kill us? For all we know, you could lose control and wipe this pack off the map like you did the rogues." His voice stayed even as he said this to me.

"Because I am your Luna! You are like my pups. I will protect you with my life and I would never lay a hand in you. My wolf is too protective of her pups to let me lay a hand on you. You are my pack and my responsibility and I will care for you no matter what." I say with an authoritative tone.

Every thing grew silent which made me uneasy. I fidget in my place and look around. All eyes are on me. Okay then...