Disrespect

"Jerk face? Where did you put Amberley's blanket? She needs it to fall asleep!" I yell with annoyance leaking out of my voice.

Amberley whimpers and her bottom lips curls. She's only three months old and I swear she knows how to get what she wants through tugging my heart strings. After a moment, Amberley let's out a loud, screeching, cry. Well crap.

"Daniel!" I yell angrily.

I never call him by his real name so he knows I'm serious. I hear clumsy footsteps running toward me and Daniel emerges from upstairs. I shoot him an angry glare and he gives me a confused look. After a moment with no words, realization flashes through his eyes and he bolts to Amberley's nursery. Amberley keeps screaming and my head begins to throb. My head can't take much more of this!

As I'm about to March up there myself, jerk face shoots down the steps and jogs toward me with Amberley's blue, mermaid blanket. I let out a half relieved, half annoyed sigh and wrap her up. Her cries instantly stop and her thumb finds her mouth. Jerk face sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. I slowly sit down on the couch and get comfortable. As Amberley's eyes begin to close, another wail goes through the pack house. No! No! No! Why me?!

Jerk faces's eyes grow wide and he glances to Amberley who is fixing to scream.

"No! No! No! Shh! It's okay Amberley. Go back to sleep. Please! Go back to sleep for uncle Daniel. I'm begging you plea-" jerk face's pleas are cut off by Amberley's bloodcurdling screams.

I softly bounce her around and coo to her. Of course this only makes her scream louder. I silently curse Jules for bringing her daughter down here, knowing I'm trying to get Amberley asleep. She's been so inferior to me since I got back. She just tries to make my life crap then she rubs her perfect life in my face. What did I do to her? Other than get raped by her mate and got pregnant! It's not my fault that Anthony couldn't keep it in his pants!

Jules enters the room with a smirk plastered on her face. She gasps an tightens her grip on her daughter, Hailey and steps closer to me.

"Oh no! Did hailey wake her up?! I'm so sorry Tara. I had no clue that you were down here." She is the worst actress in the world.

My wolf growls from her disrespectful tone and wants to put her in her place. I've been holding her back for months and I won't be able to much longer. Jerk face touches my shoulder and my head snaps around to him. He leans close to my ear.

"Should I get Kayden?" His voice full of concern.

My eyes train on Jules and I growl. Her face contorts with anger and mine does too. Calm down! Calm down! She has a kid in her hands!

"Yeah. And Anthony." I say with a level tone.

Jerk face's eyes glaze over and I know he's mind linking them. Jerk face nods and his attention goes to Amberley. I know I might lose it so I hand her to him. He awkwardly takes her from me before nestling her in his strong arms. My eyes change color and my canines emerge as Jules defiantly steps toward me with a menacing growl. One time we were best friends! I saved her life from her abusive dad and found her a home here! If it wasn't for me, she would probably be dead! Just then the front doors burst open and my mate rushes to me. I see Anthony close behind and he runs to Jules.

I glare a Jules and then look at Anthony.

"Take hailey. Now!" I yell.

Once hailey is in Anthony's arms, Jules shifts into her wolf. My wolf howls with anger and all the control was destroyed as I instantly shift into my white wolf. She snarls at me and I flash my teeth at her. The hair on my back stand up and my claws dig into the wooden floor. Jules pounces but she's too slow because I rip her out of the air and throw her across the room. She hits the tv and lands with a thud onto the ground. Anthony whimpers but knows to never come between a Luna and her challenger.