Promise me

My hair is in my face from the wind. I shake my head to try to get the hair out of my face. That was a failure. Kayden chuckles and turns to me. His hands glide over my face to pull the stupid hair out of my face.

Unfortunately my hair flew back into my face!! I growl. Stupid hair!! He shakes his head and smiles at me.

"Turn around Tara." He says softly.

I hesitantly turn around. His hands once again glide over my face to grab all of the irritating hairs. He runs his fingers through my hair to smooth it. My whole scalp is tingling because of this. I close my eyes and smile at the feeling.

I don't know how much time went by until he turned me back around.

"That should help." He motions me to keep moving forward.

As we walk I lift my hand to my hair, and feel a long French braid going down my back. I gasp, surprised he actually knew how to do a French braid. Or a braid for that matter! He turns to me to see what I gasped about.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"You can braid!" I say with astonishment.

He chuckles, "well, when you have three little sisters, it is 'mandatory' to learn to braid. So my mother says. Though she has no clue how to braid. Guess that's why it was 'mandatory'."

I giggle,"so how did you learn to braid then?"

"I asked my aunt to teach me. She's amazing at braiding." He rubs the back of his neck.

I smile at the thought of him as a little boy trying to learn to braid. I then recall my mom teaching me. My smile fades as I remember my mom.

"Yeah, my mom was too." I look to the ground, trying to hide my tears. I can't let him see me cry.

I feel a hand under my chin lifting my face. I pull away from his grasp. But he grabs my chin harder, forcing me to look at him. His icy blue eyes are filled with confusion. I can't believe he doesn't have a clue about what I'm so upset about!!! He killed my mom! My Dad! My brother! And my pack!! I swipe his hand away from my chin. He stands there, waiting for an answer. An angry tear slides down my cheek but I quickly wipe it away.

"What'd I say?"He asks innocently.

My anger bubbles up. How can he act so innocent?!? He destroyed my life and he acts like it never happened!! I try to calm myself but there's no stopping me now...

"You didn't SAY anything!! But what you DID was kill my mom and the rest of my family!!" I growl.

He growls back and steps forward,"No one uses that tone with me!Not even the Luna! I am your alpha!!"

All fear of him vanishes as it is replaced with hatred. I take a step toward him so that our faces were inches apart. I show my canines and snarl at him.

"I have no alpha!!"

Once those words left my mouth, I knew what was coming next. Pain.

Kayden grabs me by the throat and lifts me a foot off the ground. His claws puncture my skin and my blood trickles down his arm. He glares at me with his glowing, red eyes. He brings his mouth to my ear and whispers,

"You do now."

He throws me to the ground and gets on top of me. I cry out in pain.

"Submit!" He growls.

I snap at him with my white canines. He snarls at me.

"Submit!"

I decide there is only one way to anger him more. Well, only one way I want to anger him more. I gather all the saliva in my mouth and spit it directly into his eye. He roars then uses his claws to leave five long gashes on my left cheek.I let out a whimper of pain.