Home bound

My eyes drift closed and I dream of my family. This time my new family.

We play on the meadow beside a small stream. Hide behind the tree as I hear my daughter count.

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10!" She says with her toddler voice.

She runs around until she sees me in my usual hiding spot. I Watch as she runs up to me with a crooked smile on her face. She wraps her arms around me legs and giggles wildly.

"I fwound youw mommy!" She giggles.

I pick her up and kiss her forehead. I chuckle when she gives me a toothy smile.

"You sure did baby." I state.

I then see Kayden walking out from the house. He smiles at me and Amberley. She squirms out of my grip and race to Kayden.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She squeals happily.

He bends down and grabs her then spins her around. I laugh when Kayden put her down. she stumbles around, trying to stand up without falling over. Kayden finally walks over to me and wraps me in a hug. I smile at him and he places a hand on my round belly. I feel a kick and he feels it too. He kisses my lips and we all play in the stream until the sun goes down.

My eyes flutter open and I see Kayden,with Amberley in his arms, singing to her. My heart practically melts at the sight. I try to sit up but it hurts too much. I hiss in pain and Kayden's head snaps to me. I see concern plastered on his face as he walks over to me and crouches down. I smile when I see my precious daughter's face.

"How are you feeling?" His voice laced with worry.

I look at him and smile. I nod me head.

"I'm okay. Just a bit sore." My voice is crackily from lack of water.

Kayden places my baby in my arms and walks away. He's not going to abandon me here right? He comes back moments later with a large leaf. Once he gets closer I see he filled it with water. My hero! He brings it to my lips and I drink it greedily. I nod a thank you to Kayden and he smiles.

I pull all of my attention to my baby girl in my arms. Her eyes slightly open but quickly close. I giggle a little bit when she yawns. I watch her until her face turns sour and she lets out a hoarse cry. I know what's wrong, she's hungry. I haven't fed her so she's probably starved.

Kayden is beside of me watching her. I clear my throat and his gaze met mine.

"Umm...she's hungry so..." I trail off.

His look is serious,"I'm not letting you or the baby out of my sight. We are still very close to psychopath's dwelling place. I'll turn my head but I'm not moving from this spot." He says sternly.

I roll my eyes. That's his wolf being so protective. I hear him growl but I ignore him.

"Then turn your head dummy!"

I hear him growl again but he turns around which causes a sigh of relief to escape my lips. I lift my shirt then pull my bra straps off so I can move my bra down. Amberley starts to cry harder so I move quicker.

"Hold on sweetie. I'm almost ready." I say softly.

I position her in my arms and latch her on to my breast. I hiss in pain because I'm petty sure she didn't latch on right. kayden's head twitches but he doesn't turn around.