Our Daughter

"Ugh!! Kayden! I'm bored, I've been sitting in bed for three weeks straight!! I barely get out of bed and I think my legs stopped working! Let me move!" I yell through the door to Kayden, who is cooking breakfast.

I hear him chuckle then the door opens. Kayden comes in with tray of: sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, and a glass of orange juice. My mouth waters at the sight and he smiles when he notices me drooling over the food. He sits the tray of heaven on my lap and rubs my cheek with his thumb.

I quickly dive into the food and munch away. Kayden chuckles and sits beside of me.

"Guess what?" He says.

"Hmm?" I mutter since my mouth is full of sausage.

"Finn is coming to check on you and if you are good, you can get off bed rest." He says excitedly.

I squeal and wrap my arms around his neck. I can't believe it!! I'm getting off bed rest!  After a while of suffocating Kayden I pull away and rub my giant belly.

"Hear that, Amberley? We're getting out of the accursed bed! We'll be able to waddle around all day in no time." I could've swore she jumped for joy.

My smile is plastered on my face and I giggle with excitement. I feel Amberley kicking away at my ribs and I wince. Kayden notices and places a hand on my cheek. His face is full of concern.

"What's wrong, sweetie? Are you having contractions? Do I need to find Finn and get him here?" He rushes out.

I laugh and pry his hand off of my face.

"No, I'm fine...she was just kicking my ribs like crazy. She's feisty!" I stare down at my belly.

I suddenly see Kayden place his hands on my belly and bend down to it. His thumbs trace circles where she is now kicking. He leans in and places a kiss right above my belly button. I can't help but smile at the act. He will be an amazing father. I run my fingers through his hair and he talks to my baby inside of me. His baby voice is so cute!

We stay like that until there is a knock on my bedroom door. Kayden shoots up and stand protectively in front of me. Fear shoots through my spine but then a familiar scent reaches my nose and I touch Kayden's arm.

"Come in Finn!" I call.

Finn walks in casually and stands beside of me. Kayden moves away with my food tray so Finn can have room. I feel sad that Kayden and my food wasn't beside of me anymore but I had to push that aside.

If you didn't know, Finn is Kayden's older brother. He gave up being Alpha to Pursue his dream of becoming a doctor.

I pull down the covers for him and lift my shirt. Kayden growls but I glare at him and he quickly stops. Finn puts a cold gel on my stomach and get a small ultrasound machine out. He moves the transducer around in the gel and stares at the screen intently. He was quiet and it began to make me nervous. He then flips a switch and I hear it...

My baby's heart beat.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek and I smile widely. I see a small grin appear on Finn's face and he looks at me.

"She looks perfect. She's growing on a healthy rate and she looks pretty active. Tara, your baby is perfectly fine." He says.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips and I wipe the tears that slid down my cheeks away.

"Can I look at her for a little bit longer?" I ask shyly.

He smiles and nods. Kayden's comes close to my and holds my hand. I look up to him and see a wide grin on his face. He's actually excited about my baby. Even though it isn't his. Kayden crouches beside of me and brings his lips to my ear.