eighteen

when rosalie got to magnolia's flat, she found out that magnolia already had company. magnolia laid curled up on the couch with a pint of ice cream while an old fashioned movie played on the tv. marguerite and margo sat nearby doing their own thing, rosalie stood there looking around. she didn't quite understand what was going on.
magnolia didn't seem to heartbroken to have just broken it off with ryan after nine months but if rosalie had to do that with sebastian she would've been heartbroken.
rosalie understood her best friend, magnolia loved chris and ryan but she could only have one. and it wasn't ryan. ryan was a nice guy, he really did care for magnolia and rosalie had lots of sympathy for him.

"hey, rosie." marguerite stood in front of rosalie, waving her hand in her face. "whatcha doing here?"
"i'm here to drop these off." rosalie said with a straight face while she held up the bag off two mint chocolate chip ice cream pints and magnolia's favorite movie, wizard of oz.
magnolia didn't even sit up from the couch when rosalie's voice floated into the room. she didn't seem to care. it was as if she was in a daze, a trace.
marguerite took the bag from rosalie and thanked her.
"i have to go." rosalie said, walking away from the door before marguerite could say anything. rosalie could hear the door close as she reached the elevators.

------

"you're back early. how'd it go?" sebastian asked when rosalie set her keys on a ring holder by the front door. rosalie looked up and shook her head.
"it was awful. magnolia didn't seem herself, i wanted to help but there wasn't anything i could do. she has to deal with this on her own, with or without me." rosalie says, laying on the couch in sebastian's arms.
"don't worry about it baby. you're a great friend and i'm sure she'll come around."
"i hope you're right." rosalie says before shutting her eyes and drifting off.

rosalie awoke to the sound of a crying baby. she rubbed her makeup-less eyes and sat up from the couch. she looked around at their living room and there were baby toys everywhere.
rosalie stood from the couch and began to walk upstairs and down the hall to the empty room, as if this had happened before.
Inside the room held a crying baby. the walls were painted a sky blue. by the window sat a white rocking chair with pink cushions. a couple feet to the left of the rocking chair was a white crib with a crying baby sitting on the pink sheets. rosalie walked to the crib and looked inside, she looked around the room. this certainly wasn't chris hemsworth's house and it wasn't his baby.
rosalie reached inside and picked the small baby up. she looked just like sebastian and rosalie. was this rosalie's baby?
"everything okay?" sebastian's head popped into the room.
"uh... yeah," rosalie said to sebastian before looking back down at the small baby. it was her baby and no one else could change that. rosalie looked up when she felt a hand on her lower back. sebastian stood there with the biggest smile on his face.

rosalie's eyes flew open.
"woah," sebastian says, sitting up. "you okay?"
rosalie looks at her husband and smiles. "yeah, i'm more than okay."