twenty-five

magnolia and marguerite walked down the steps of their private jet. magnolia inhaled in a large breath of the sea air of bora bora. marguerite reached out and squeezed magnolia's hand. magnolia smiled and the two girls walked down the steps of the private jet to the runway.
they collected their bags and put them in the back of the black car that was called to pick them up to take them to their hotel.

new imessage, maddox grayson: Hey, Margo and I just finished the meeting with my manager. We were going to grab some food before heading to the airport.

magnolia and marguerite sat down at a small restaurant just off the beach. magnolia was dressed in a long white dress that flowed around her legs when the wind blew. marguerite sat across from her in a yellow sundress. magnolia looked through the menu until their waiter came and took their order.
after the waiter took their menus and orders, marguerite looked at magnolia.
"so, you turn 28 in two days!" she said.
"ugh, don't remind me." magnolia said tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
"aw mags, we're going to party all night! it's going to be amazing!"
little did magnolia know that marguerite had something up her sleeve.

magnolia was sitting on the beach watching the sun set in a pair of jean shorts and a tank top. she held a glass of red wine in her left hand and her flip flops rested on the sand in front of her.
new imessage, marie grayson: come inside and go to conference room 2b! i have something for you!
magnolia rolled her eyes before picking herself off the sand and trudging through the sand into the hotel. she entered through the backdoors of the hotel and made her way towards the elevators. but just as she was going to press the up arrow button next to the elevator, one of the managers stopped her.
"ma'am? are you ms magnolia grayson?"
"yes, i am." this entire situation was confusing magnolia.
"this is for you," she said, handing her a light pink sash with hot pink letters that read birthday girl. "and this," she placed a silver crown on top of magnolia's blonde hair.
magnolia smiled and thanked her before getting onto the elevator and going to the floor with all the conference rooms.

when magnolia pushes open the door to the conference room, it certainly wasn't what she was expecting to see. the lights flashed on, a choruses of "surprise" echoed through the room and before her stood chris hemsworth, elsa, liam, aria, sadie, rosalie, sebastian, maddox, margo, marguerite and one person who certainly surprised her; ryan.
she gasped when they took a match and lit five candles on a white rectangular cake. she held her hands over her mouth as she walked closer to chris—who was holding the cake. they started to sing happy birthday to magnolia and her heart filled with all the love and energy that vibrated through the room.

everyone stood around the room with paper plates that held small squares of cake. magnolia thanked everyone and wandered over to where ryan was standing.
"hey," he said when he saw magnolia approaching.
"hi. i don't mean to sound like a bitch, but what are you doing here?"
"i came to see you. i wanted to apologize for the way i acted when you broke up with me."
"ryan-"
"mags, i should've understood. you didn't love me and i didn't love you either, we were forcing it. and i'm sorry."
"i'm sorry too. i shouldn't have let us go on for nine months if i wasn't in love."
"friends?"
"of course." magnolia said pulling ryan in for a hug. they pulled back and laughed. everything that's happened all seemed so childish. magnolia finally felt at peace.

finally an update after forever. i'm sorry it took so long for me to update :(