thirty

six months later

chris and magnolia walked off the set of avengers: infinity war. they had just begun filming a few scenes that required the set. magnolia was casted as a new avenger who started out as a villain, rosalie played one of the new villains. magnolia's car was in the shop and chris had been offering to drive her to and from the sets, so she took him up on that. she climbed into the car with chris and buckled her seat belt before turning on the radio. chris laughed and shook his head. he twisted his body around to watch the back of the car as he backed out of the parking spot.

they drove down the highway listening to magnolia's music through the aux cord. magnolia watched the stores and other cars. chris took a left instead of continuing straight, which caught magnolia's attention.
"wait, what's going on?"
"i'm taking you to lunch."

chris and magnolia had gotten their food and were about to dig in when magnolia got a text from marguerite that made her stop.

New iMessage, Marguerite Grayson: hey, weston and i were wanting to play some mini golf tonight and were wondering if you and chris wanna come with us??

marie
hey, weston and i were wanting to play some mini golf tonight and were wondering if you and chris wanna come with us??

magnolia
yeah sure, i'll talk to chris

magnolia set her phone onto the table and picked up her fork.
"who was it?"
"marguerite, she wanted to know if you and i wanted to go play mini golf with her and her boyfriend weston tonight."
chris nodded his head. "yeah sure, i'd love to go." he set his fork down. "who's this weston?"
magnolia swallowed her bite and set her fork down. "he's marguerite boyfriend, he played chuck on gossip girl."
"oh. i think i met him once, just forgot the face." chris laughed. "how long have they been dating?"
"about six months."
"wow." chris said. he looked at magnolia. "does she love him?"
this took magnolia by surprise. she didn't know whether or not marguerite loved weston because she hadn't spent enough time with them but the way that marguerite talked about him, she knew marguerite loved him. "yeah... i'm pretty sure she does."

chris and magnolia rode down the highway, magnolia's music playing on the radio. chris had one hand on the wheel and the other arm leaning out the window. they were stopped at a red light. chris looked over at magnolia, admiring all her features. he wished he could tell her how beautiful she is, he wished could hold her in his arms and tell her that she's the only one for him. but that was only the beginning of his wishes and chris knew the only thing that he and magnolia were at the moment was friends. he hated it with all his heart. they pulled into the mini golf parking lot next to weston's car.
"let's go!" magnolia exclaimed, jumping out of the car and rushing inside.

marguerite was squaring up with a blue golf club while weston stood next to her with a red club.
"marguerite!" magnolia yells when she steps through the door. marguerite drops her club and runs over to her sister.
"i missed you!" marguerite exclaims.
"i missed you more!" magnolia tightens her grip on her sister. when the two pull apart, magnolia looks behind her sister and sees weston.
"hey, wes." she says walking up to her old friend. "how ya doing?"
"great, it's good to see you again."
"it's good to see you too." behind magnolia, chris clears his throat. magnolia laughs.
"weston meet chris, my date for the night. chris evans, weston beck."

marguerite squared her shoulders and stood on the balls of her feet. bringing back her arms, she swings the club forward and hitting the golf ball, sending it forward into the hole.
marguerite cheered and threw her arms into the air. weston laughed, pulling the score sheet and a pencil from his back pocket to up marguerite score even higher.

everyone left mini golf laughing at the fact that marguerite won the game, and no one expected it. she was proud of herself and everyone else had a great time, that was all that mattered to magnolia.
just when chris and magnolia were about to get in the car, marguerite stopped them.
"thanks for coming guys, we had a lot of fun. do y'all wanna go get drinks?"
magnolia looked at chris. he shrugged his shoulders. magnolia moved her attention back to her sister. "we'd love to."

ed westwick as weston beck