Dances

A personal request for Kyle. You know who you are☺️ After taking a tramadol for my pain, I managed to finish writing this😊

I didn't understand the point of dances. You spent hundreds of dollars on a dress, shoes and makeup all for you to go to a gym and hang around with sweaty boys and eat tarts.

I for one wasn't a dancer and never would be. Sure I occasionally danced alone in my room to music when I got distracted from my homework, but it wasn't something I would enjoy doing in public. Especially not in front of him.

It was sad how long I'd had a thing for him but never asked him out. It was hard to when my friends and I were always together, meaning Harry and I were never alone. We all sat together at the lunch table, had most of the same classes and sometimes hung out together on the weekends.

"Kyle, you've been staring at me for the last 10 minutes." My eyes widened in embarrassment when I was brought back to reality by non other than Harry Styles himself. "Everything okay?"

With all eyes turned to me, I covered my blushing cheeks with my hair but I could already tell the girls knew why I was staring.

"I'm fine, keep talking." I chuckled nervously, looking to Princess and Lianna who were holding in their laughter. They talked for the next 10 minutes about the up coming dance which I wasn't interested in.

"You are coming to this one aren't you Kyle?" Harry asked, his eyes directly staring into mine. I didn't know what to say to him. If there was a chance he was going to ask me, I didn't want to ruin my chances. But if he wasn't, I didn't want to bother and go because he would be with some other girl anyway.

"I'm not sure, I don't think so Haz," I averted my attention to the grass filled floor. I could tell they were all still staring at me so I looked up with a puzzled look on my face.

"Can I help you all?" Quickly they all stopped staring at me and pretended to resume back into their conversation, except for Harry who was awfully quiet now. Right then, the morning bell rung; signalling time for 1st period. English was the only lesson I had with both the boys, it just being us 3. I liked this lesson the most because Rage, Harry and I always had the most fun.

In an instant, my body was lifted off the ground, my bag falling to the floor from my shoulders. My arms reflexed to wrap themselves around the neck of whoever was carrying me.

"What the hell Harry, put me down!" I shouted, looking at all the students around us giving me all the attention I didn't want.

"You're still injured so I'm protecting you from hurting yourself anymore." He smiled down at me. I looked back at Rage who slung my bag behind his shoulder with his.

"Rage, help?" I called out. He looked a up at me with a grin spread across his lips, his eyes filled with delight.

"The boy is right, Kyle."

Well that was useless.

Once we made it to the class, all heads turned to us and I wanted nothing more that to imagine no one was here but obviously that didn't work. He casually put me down on my seat and handed me my backpack from Rage.

"Here you go your highness." He winked before proceeding to sit on my left whilst Rage sat on my right.

The rest of the day went on like every Friday: English, Humanities, electives, PE and free study. And as usual Harry and I spent our free period together sitting in a corner of the library, listening to music on his phone and eating whatever snacks we had left.

This was the only period I had with just Harry and I loved it. He was the same person when we were in a group but he was also sweeter when we were alone.

"Kyle can you go with Harry today, Princess and I have to...be somewhere!"  Lianna shouted from across the parking lot as they both stepped into the car. I looked to Rage and Harry who happened to be holding my school bag.

"Looks like you're riding with lover boy here," Rage commented. I was confused as to what he was referring to.

"Shut up Rage." Harry rolled his eyes, flipping him off. Rage reached over and gave me a short hug as usual, bringing his lips to my ear.

"See ya your highness." He mocked, referencing to what Harry said to me earlier. Harry and I got into his car and started making our way home. However, he didn't turn towards my house; he kept going until we reached 'Alo Gelato'.

"You do realise I have no money right?" I scoffed, as we parked in front of the icecream shop.

"You'll just have to watch me eat then huh," he winked, showing me his pearly whites which I was purely jealous of.

My body got goosebumps when he placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me to an empty table at the back of the cute shop. Sitting down, I watched as he scanned the menu in his hands, occasionally his eyes meeting mine for a few seconds before I broke contact.

"Okay you have got to tell me now. You've been staring at me all day at school. Do I have something in my teeth?" He rubbed his tongue across his teeth, scanning for something that wasn't even there.

"Uhh..." I mumbled. "No I was just in mid thought..."

"And you're also a terrible liar but I'll let it slide." He nodded, bringing his hand to pinch my nose to imitate Pinocchio.

After he ordered 2 strawberry froyos with the lot, he came back and sat down across from me, handing me one with a spoon.

"My treat remember," he smiled, bringing a spoonful of candy to his mouth and scrolling through his phone.

"Harry, you always pay for me. Every time we go out or even for lunch at school, you pay. Why?" I asked, taking a spoon of yoghurt into my mouth.

"It's what you do for a girl you like." He commented, his head still glued to his phone. I froze up at his comment and clearly so did he when he looked up at me, as shocked as I was.

"What?"

"What?"

"You s-said that's what you d-" I slowly talked, still shocked from his words.

"I know what I said. Look Kyle, I didn't bring you here just to out of the blue..." He started. I put my spoon down and gave him my full attention since he clearly had something important to say.

"I know you aren't supposed to date your best friend and I know you absolutely have no intention of going to the dance but I've really been wanting to ask you out for the last 3 years. And I would also like for you to go the dance with me...if you want." He rushed out, taking a deep breath after finishing. The words he was saying came to a shock to me because I didn't expect him to say all that.

"I uh..." I pondered. I really didn't want to go to the dance and for everyone to see how terrible a dancer I was but I also didn't want to dissapoint Harry when I'd been waiting for him to ask me out forever. "I don't know Harry, you know how I feel about dances."

"You don't even have to dance. We could...hang out there for a bit, play their ridiculous games and go out and get some food. I promise you'll have fun." He grinned, clearly already knowing I was going to give in.

"Okay okay, I'll go out with you and go to the dance," I laughed in amusement at the excitement in his eyes. He abruptly stood up and lifted me up with him, spinning me around in his arms.

I couldn't have asked for a better date.