Prologue

Prologue

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” 
― Maya Angelou

Everyone has story in this world. We all do, it could be long story or short story. Really if you think about our life is a book, and we are the author. Sure we can’t create new world or become a person with super powers also we can’t go back in time and change things.  Even though I have to admit that would be kind of cool. But we have choices in which were we can true where our story comes from where ever we are. 

Now we can all tell our story but truth is not all of our stories are told. Most of stories are just like the little things we forget during the day, forgotten. We live in the world were most of peoples stories should be told. I mean that’s why we have books, stories that could change people’s mind, or just give them a place where they were safe. A story can do that.  That’s why like stories. They can change your mind about everything or they can just be a getaway. Sure most of the stories you read are not true but there is still some truth to each story.

From each story no matter if it’s real or not you can learn something from it. Rather a very important lesson about life.  It could be something you never thought about for. Something that could change your view on thing or something that just would make you think of for days. Some stories do inspire others through and really for a writer that’s all I ask. If I could just make a person think, change their view or have them learn something from whatever I was writing that would be great.

 As a writer I think it’s great to tell a story. As a reader who spent way to much reading book after book it’s great to read more and more books. I love stories that are different, somewhat make you think or books that you can’t stop reading over and over again. Those books are worth it to me. A rather if the story seemed boring at first I keep on writing because you really never know what will happen.

I can’t tell you if this story is real because dear writer it’s my story.  My name is Holly Cohen after all. And luckily with my daughter Sophie’s help, I finally learned how to type and make this story. Yes I’m actually typing this, rather well I have to say. I am use typewriters but I suppose I should keep on with the young crowd. Apparently that’s not a good idea to type this in the story but oh well, you understand what I’m trying to say. At least I hope you do or this would be useless.

To tell you the truth, I never thought I was a writer or author. Or that I would telling my story like this. All I knew is that I had a story and that my youngest daughter, name Sophie as I told you wanted me to tell it. Partly because I gave a talk about it. Which I guess I didn’t think till now. I’m pretty sure people have told their side of what happen. Some who couldn’t tell their story wrote it, some of you may know Anne Frank. I never met her at all, and we were in different areas of the world.  Anne’s story was told to millions of people by book from the words of her diaries.

People seem to forget that we were all teenage boy and girl. We are all human, even if we come from different times we still acted like teenager and still had voices needed to be heard.

I think most people were afraid to tell their story. As I was at one point.  When I got out barely alive from where I was, I was afraid to even talk to anyone. I didn’t trust people right away, afraid that I would go back to where I was or that it would get worse. Looking back I didn’t see on how it would get any worse. The things I saw was just terrible. And I try not to think about what happen all the time because it really gets to me sometimes.

I wish I could easer them from my mind. That would be great and I was sure they was maybe ways of doing that. But even if it was bad, and it was really bad. It was a part of me. It was really sure I wasn’t the same girl I was than back thing.

Things changed from that point in my life. Things from my family to where I lived. One thing I knew even if the world seemed grimed and I was afraid things got better. And I know people have told people over and over and over again but things will get better it just takes time.

When you see really bad stuff you can’t just forget it. I wish you it was easy to forget but it’s not. But you can move on and learn from it.  You have to take what you have, even if it’s just pieces and try to at least put them together because if you don’t you let those who hurt you and destroyed everything you love win. And I for one wasn’t going to let them win even if most of them were most likely dead by now.

To tell you the truth I’m not mad at them anymore. I know people say you should be mad and do something about it. You can’t change the past but you can try to change the future. Because of this we learn that being prejudice against certain group of people is not good. We are all different, and to tell you the truth we could learn a lot from each other. Plus in way different is something that people should be proud of. There is no person around the world like you right now, unless you have twin but there is still nobody like you.  Which I have to say is pretty awesome. I got sidetracked, again sorry this is the first time I’m actually doing something like this so hang in there with me.

As you can tell, I’m not the 15 year old girl right now. Okay that sounded weird what I meant is I feel like I’m not teenager anymore. She was teenager but now I felt like I was more or less close to 90 years old. I don’t really want to talk about it, my age I mean. Age is not important really or is something you need to know. I learn few things in pass couple years, okay I learned a lot but I don’t know everything. Just putting that out there before everyone goes crazy. This is not a normal story or story about love. I did find the love of my later much later in my life who sadly is not alive right now. I think you would of like him dear reader. He was amazing man, and great father.

As you know or may not know. I have three wonderful children that I feel like I should mention before going on with the story, because they helped me with writing this and you should know more about them.

First of all Sophie is the youngest and the baby of the family. She just turn 40 years old and is married to man name Jason. He’s a history teacher at local high school. She just had her third child, Kallie. She also had 6 year old name Owen after her father and Danny who’s 10 years old. Sophie works in computer science which I have to say she’s pretty good at.

Emi is the 2nd oldest and is also the middle child. She’s police officer in Seattle, Washington.  She’s 46 years old, and is also married.  She has three children Minnie who is 15, Lucy, 13 and Alexander who’s 10. Her Husband Harry is local artist at museum in Seattle.

Finally my son and the oldest of the group, Austin.  He is a private detective and usually helps the police officers in New York City. He was also married to a Librarian name Kallie. They had two children, twins name Sarah and Mitch who were 14 years old.  

I had to admit I was proud of them and if they were to read this that I love them. Okay I know that was a little too much but I had to put that in there. So dear reader, I hope you’re ready. 

My name is Holly Amelia Cohen and I survived the holocaust. This is my Story…