Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.”

― Mitch Albom

A girl woke up from a nightmare. She didn’t scream or make a noise butt she almost did, and she had to calm down her breathing. She had dreams like this but nothing like this that made her scared and worried about things. But she didn’t want to be alone. She was only 7 years old and still had bad nightmares. Her Mother or Father seemed to always chase the monsters away. That gave her hope, so she went to find him. She poke her head out her door. Seeing everything was quite but the light was on in her little sister’s room.

As she got closer the warm light, and her bare feet touch the cold wooden floor she heard singing. It was her mother and at first the little girl thought she was Angel. She got to the door, quietly and open the door a little. There was her mother in her white dressing grown. Her brown hair freely on her shoulders. Emma’s little hand holding a piece of her mom’s hear, as her mother became to sing. Her mother’s voice made Emma close her eyes not before giving a little yawn.

Holly stood where she was to listen to her mother’s song that seem to make everything peaceful.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,

Go to sleep my little baby.

When you wake you shall have

All the pretty little horses.

Black and bays, dapples, grays,

All the pretty little horses.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,

Go to sleep my little baby.

            When the song ended, the mother put the tiny baby in the crib. She smiled at the sleeping baby. She didn’t look up but she knew that Holly was there.

“It’s past midnight, what are you doing awake” her mother asked quietly.

Holly open the door little bit wider. But she didn’t come in she seemed very scared and wasn’t sure of herself. The girl had tears streaming down her face that made her mother look up at her with worry look on her face.

“Holly dearie, what’s wrong” her mother ask as Holly open the door wider.

Not sure to come in and not wanting to wake up her little sister. But she was still crying, the dream had scared her and she didn’t want to go back to bed. She didn’t want to go back to the dream.  The nightmare seemed all too real for the little girl.

“Come Here Holly, was it a bad dream again” she asked her oldest daughter. Holly ran to her mother who let her daughter sit on her lap and gave her a hug. The mother rubbed the girls back, which seemed her to stop from crying but the young girl was still frighten on whatever scared her.

Holly nodded but didn’t say anything. Her eyes were wide as if she was still having her dream but she wasn’t. I haunted her even though she just woke up. She couldn’t get the screaming or any of the dream out of her head. She was she could just forget about it already.

“Why don’t you tell me what happen dearie” her mother said giving her daughter another hug. Holly shock her head no, not trusting herself to sleep.

“How about some Hot Coco” her mother said with small smile on her face. Holly smiled a little and got of her mother’s a lap. Her mother followed the little girl turn off the lights to the babies’ room and they headed downstairs.