Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” 

― André Gide

Emma woke up to lots of different noises. It was kind of pitch black outside but kind of not. She expected the sun was rising or something close to it. She sleepily raised her head, to see what was going on. Her sister Holly was sleeping peaceful in the bed next to her breathing in and out. She looked around the barrack they were people moving but it wasn’t time to go yet. Usually soldiers get them when it was time to eat or work, but no soldiers came yet so it had to be to earlier. They always came at the same time every day, they would never be late. At least to Emma that seemed to be true but now she was just confused. Emma got up and stretched not really sure to think about what was going on around her just yet.

She got up from the bed to see where the fellow workers were going. Some of the fellow workers were leaving the barracks, again had read alarm in her head that went off. She didn’t know why the red alarm thing came to her at this point in time but it wasn’t good. Not a lot of people were in the barrack so she quietly woke her sister up who seemed to be having a dream. Most of them were getting up just like her looking around. None of them made a sign still waiting for a soldiers to come through the door and threaten their lives or something close to it.

Her sister was still not wake she was starting at Emma in why did you waked me up at this kind of time look. Emma rolled her eyes, her sister was one to like to be awake earlier but she liked she was having a dream so it was okay to wake her up.

“What” mumbled her sister, yes she was definitely not awake right now. It was kind of amusing Emma thought trying not to laugh. Emma watch her sister try to wake herself up.

Her sister asked what was going on to tell you the truth Emma had no idea. She just told her sister to be very quiet just in case the soldiers would come in any second. Her sister stood up as Emma nodded toward the door. Her sister sent her a confusing look and walked to the door and looked up. There wasn’t a lot of commotion out there so it seemed fast. Holly grabbed Emma’s hand and open the door to the outside. We stepped out said to see the prisoners running around the grounds with tools in their hand. Young, old, men or women all of them running around looking confused. Which didn’t help us at all.

The same man who talked to them about the plan came up to Emma and her sister, with tools. He didn’t really say anything but just gave them a look as if they would know what to do but they didn’t. Emma looked around seeing really no sign of soldiers but something to her that something bad would happen and she told her sister that.

Her sister still held her hand which gave her some comfort. They looked to the right and saw group of people talking together. Holly pulled Emma in that direction they walked to the group of people not looking around.

All sudden a loud noise which made Emma jump filled the area. Emma gave her sister a look as she knew that sound. It was gun shots, and her sister had look on her fast that held a sense of panic, which Emma didn’t plan her for. Emma knew she most likely had the same look on her face right now. They should have looked around beforehand now the soldiers were out for blood.

Holly took Emma’s hand again and she decided they should run away from the soldiers. Emma sense that Holly wasn’t really looking around but just running in hope to not to get hit by a bullet flying through the air at amazing speed. Running was good at least, she was glad that they run a lot as kids so running wasn’t a huge thing. It was just like a race.  Well kind of like a race but being chased by people with guns ready to shot you kind of race but no less one at that. You just had to run faster and maybe escape if they could only do that.