Chapter 16

Chapter 16

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” 

― Albert Einstein

            I woke up to soldiers again waking us up for a brand new day.  I didn’t want to wake up from the dream I had. I got to see my parents once again and it was great. I got even talk to them and my little sister. It was great seeing them again and it was like nothing matter. At least whatever was happening in the real world stop and everything was great for once.

We got up once again just like every other day headed outside in a single file line to make sure they get through this. We took a bathe, and then waited till everyone was done and head off to get some food that waited for them. It took a while for everyone to get clean but we heard and got dress. I hoped it was at least somewhat eatable this time. I really actually doubted it that it would be better tomorrow. It wasn’t as if we would get some food soon.

            It was actually okay and we got some water with bread. I took my time not really hurrying. I had a bad feeling about today just like when my parents died. Which wasn’t a good thing at all and I tried not to think about it. It was somewhat eatable, and again I was glad for it. Everyone was kind of taking their time and as soon as everyone was done we lined up to head to our where we had to work.  This time it was clothes again, that would be for the new prisoners if we would get some or would be for us.

Each time someone died we had to clean the clothes which was just plain wrong. I wasn’t looking forward to do this all day long. Plus to change the clothes of the dead was just. I didn’t know how to explain it really, but it made me really sick as if this was some sort of punishment to remind us that they will win. Again I hated that they weren’t going to win on my clock. Whatever that meant and I didn’t get why that just came to me.

The soldiers came to get us from our work to get some more food. To say I was actually hungry was the understatement. I was sick to my stomach but I had to eat. Even if I had to force myself to eat. All I knew was that I didn’t want to see blood on clothes ever again. But of course we had to think about it because we were cleaning it. Again we got out dinner which was really questionable. At least it was food, at least I thought it was. I ate it quickly making sure I ate everything because I needed my strength.

The soldier’s got us to line up again but with everyone one together. Were we going to dig graves again?  I thought as we walked, the soldiers were smiling at us which I have to say was kind of creepy. Not looking forward to the digging grave part we followed the soldiers to wherever they were leading us. Not wanting to go but we had to go anyways.  We walked as slow as possible but they didn’t even yell at us which was again was really really weird. But we dismissed it and we kept on walking. Making sure we didn’t stop, they made us keep on going till we headed to where ever we are going.

We got up to building which I didn’t recognized. And they ordered us to take off our clothes which I thought was really weird. Soon as everyone was undress we were to follow the soldiers into a building not sure if this would be our final death. I recognized the building right away it was a gas chamber. We were going to die and there was nothing we could do about it. We were shoved into the medium size room.

 I went to the wall because I felt like that was safest thing to do. As more and more people came to the room. I sat up against the wall. Grabbing my legs I waited for whatever was coming to me till I notice a stone about the same size as the one I had under the bed. The one I used to keep track of the day. I had the tally marks still there but I suspected the soldiers took the stone away afraid that I would hurt them or something. I mean I wasn’t going to hurt them at that time or yet. I wasn’t the time of person that went with violence.

I looked at the wall I’m not sure why I did it but something got my attention. I looked at the wall to see some kind of writing. I looked at the writing in shock. As I could finally make out the words that was on craved into the wall by stone. It couldn’t be I thought as I started at it.

On the wall scratched into to it was the words:

Love Holly I’m Sorry Emma

            I felt the tears go down her face as I started at the words that my sister wrote. Those were the finale words that my sister wrote down for her as she died. She put her very last strength into it as if she knew my sister would see it. This was Emma’s goodbye to Holly her last words meant for her as I felt the tears come down my face.

I cried again right there forever one waiting for my final breath but nothing came. I watched as the people looked at the door with confusing on their faces. The door wasn’t closed, all Holly could do was stand up and stare at it in shock.